pic on forum

Pony

Rear Admiral
Re: pic on forum

the best way is to upload them to a free picture hosting site which will then give you a url to use on the forum. imageshack is one that i use, i know there is photobucket and im sure there are a few more

Dunaruna

Admiral

Find a picture hosting site (many of them are free). I use photobucket.com.<br /><br />Once registered with the site, upload your pictures to their server, you will be assigned a photo album and each photo will be assigned an address (called a 'URL').<br /><br />When you want to include a photo in a post, you have two options.<br /><br />1. Click on 'full reply form' > 'URL', insert the URL of the photo and give it a name. Done.<br /><br />2. Click on 'full reply form" > 'image', insert the URL of the photo. Done.

Pony

Rear Admiral

one other thing to think about is the size of the image. i have made that mistake a few times. its annoying to have to side scroll and for the members that have dial-up it takes a long time to load a bigger picture. to compensate there are a few free image resizer programs out there, and i know that imageshack allows you to post a thumbnail that we can click to enlarge. here is an example.<br /><br />
10000590bo.jpg
<br /><br />

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Non-boating Tech topic.

Xcusme

Commander

I've posted this link before, so here it is again. Nice little program, best of all , it's free.<br /><br /> Jpg Resizer

Pony

Rear Admiral

thanks Xcusme...you gave me that link once and i couldnt remember it to give it to dissatisfaction

RC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Practicing, why couldn't I cut and paste? I had to manually type in the entire address
242028987103_0_ALB.jpg

Dunaruna

Admiral

With your mouse - put the cursor over the address in photbucket > one LEFT click will highlight the addy > one RIGHT click will bring up the 'cut' screen > cut.<br /><br />In the full reply form - > 'image' > one RIGHT click will will bring up the 'paste' screen > one LEFT click will paste > paste.