Physicians vs. Gun owners

samagee

Chief Petty Officer
**Not sure if this has been posted before or not. These stats were passed to me in an email. Not sure if they are real or not. Just thought it was funny.**<br /><br />Out of concern for the public at large,<br />Physicians vs. Gun owners.<br /><br />a. The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.<br />b. Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.<br /><br />c. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. (Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services) Now think about this.<br /><br />Gun Owners:<br /><br />a. The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.<br />b. The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) is 1,500.<br />c. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188.<br /><br />Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.<br /><br />Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do"<br /><br />FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST<br />ONE DOCTOR.<br /><br />Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!<br /><br />Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: Physicians vs. Gun owners

yes, it has sam, but is still good reminder.<br />perception is reality...

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

shooting deaths are down 20% in last 8 yrs, but<br />media coverage is UP 600%????

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I wonder if there will be a study checking to see if the conceal carry laws, helped to educate owners more on gun safety.

PW2

Commander

Hmmm...All these doctors out there killing people, and all this time I thought it was frivolous lawsuits that was driving up the cost of malpractice insurance.<br /><br />Now I am confused.

KaGee

Admiral

What drive me up a wall.... there are those who are getting all bent out of shape that we have lost just over 1000 troops since entering Iraq.<br /><br />Yet 120,000 deaths due to Doc Malpractice???<br /><br />WAKE UP AMERICA!

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Just remember, a Doctor probably delivered you. They bring you into the world, so they have the right to take you out.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

They both add to it PW2. Try using other colors than black and white to paint with. Thank you.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Kagee, yea we could also put up numbers about car accidents. Yet I don't hear any out cries about that either.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

someone needs to check out stats on intended physician kills and intended gun kills. All the stats above show is that people don't accidentally get killed by guns very often. When someone dies by a gun, you can bet it was intended, not accidental.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Here I have something like 14 guns and I still have a better chance of a accidental death from a doctor. Wow!

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

mrbscott, give me a few. I'll see if I can give you those stats.