Photo shoot (UPDATE)

LubeDude

Admiral
Didnt get to go through with the shoot, but my son took a few pictures this week, and here is a couple for now.<br /><br />
33%3B568%3B923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3C8%3A%3D%3C57%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3A5%3B%3A43%3B9ot1lsi
<br /><br />Wasnt quite flat out.<br /><br /> <br /><br />
33%3B5742323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3C8%3A%3D%3C57%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3A6445563ot1lsi
<br /><br />Rear shot.

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Photo shoot (UPDATE)

ROTFL LD<br /><br />Anyway.......................I've always been curious about that rooster tail thing. Can my boat do that? We have a friend that could make his 38' Fountain do that. How does that work?<br /><br />I was always been embarassed to ask, but I don't think y'all would give me a cocknbull story like he would.<br /><br />So give it up. Whats the secret? :confused: <br /><br />Humor me.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

LF, First catch your rooster. :D <br /><br /><br />It's all in the trim, notice how far trimmed up the motor is in the second shot. The risk is picking up too much air and have the prop ventilate.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

I've heard that the drive has to be pretty deep, so when you tilt it up it's still grabbing water. A higher-mounted drive will get too close to the surface and start to ventilate. Never tried with my i/o because I value my u-joints (and my time and $$$$!). ;) <br /><br />Cool pics LD.

LubeDude

Admiral

I was going about 60 MPH there in the side shot, I ask him to not zoom in and get the whole rooster tail, but as you can see, that didnt happen. I was hooked up pretty good there, but I can trim a little farther and throw even more of a tail. Usually when you see a really big roostertail, its generally a waist, I know when I do it I lose about 2-3 MPH, but it looks impresive to those that do not know.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

You could probably get another 5-7 mph if you stow the butt seat instead of leaving it in the up position on the front casting deck... :)

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by JasonJ:<br /> You could probably get another 5-7 mph if you stow the butt seat instead of leaving it in the up position on the front casting deck... :)
Well, I dont know about 5-7 MPH, But we were on a fishing trip, and I had a bunch of other stuff with me too. When I have done speed runs, I have emptied the boat of everything but my fat Bu*t, and it made very little difference, 1-2 MPH at best.

walleyehed

Admiral

be my luck the seat would come off the post goin' thru about 55 and hit me in the face.....kinda like the guy that steps into the front of your boat with sand on his feet...makes ya feel just like a Harley rider when ya get on plane and the grit comes a flyin'......

bubbakat

Captain

Don't pay any attention to the rooster tail just look at the pad on that boatand see how she is skimming the water. Looks good.<br />I have some here of my old 85 pouring it on like that.<br />At 41 mph she will step up on top of the water great with the tabs on her.<br />Looks good LD.

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Rooster Tail?<br /><br />
site1115.jpg
<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> What lake is that, Lubedude?
My home Lake, Ten Mile! Lakeside, Oregon, Between Reedsport and CoosBay off 101.<br /><br /> Lakeside<br /><br /> Map

jt57

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i see a lot of bass boats on my lake.them things sure can get airborne if they hit a wave the wrong way.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

ya nothing grabs my attion faster then the whole boat going airborne boy it sure gets loud sharp boat lubedude