Phone Directory (Rant!)

NYMINUTE

Captain
How many Phone Books do you receive annually? I live in an area of less than 300,000 people which includes most of the county after several annexations. Saturday I received my 6th Phone Directory since March of this year. Verizon, Mc Loed, Yellow Pages, Big Book, Best Book, and now a Serving Your Community. What a colossal waste of paper! I wonder why in an age of cell phones, email etc. are people producing these dinosaurs. I would like to think that people are being employed to print and bind these here in our country, but that is not the case. 3 of the 6 are made off shore. It is obvious that many businesses are NOT listing in all of them based on the size of the last 2. Then they want me to “recycle” the old ones. I DON’T THINK SO!

gonfishn

Commander
Re: Phone Directory (Rant!)

I advertise in Six different books..One in each of the surrounding counties. Yellow pages locally and Verizon in other areas..Its another way we put our name out there..<br /><br />Bad part is that for each line you have they send you a book for each one..I have four dedicated lines..Now thats a waste..I usually give the extras away. I keep track of my advertising and only about 20% of my sales come from the Yellow Pages..Internet Yellow pages has been coming on strong in the last few years..

dolluper

Captain

Look up the number for someone to complain to in each of the books :D :D :p

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by dolluper:<br /> Look up the number for someone to complain to in each of the books :D :D :p
They are probably unlisted!
36_11_6.gif

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />
Originally posted by dolluper:<br /> Look up the number for someone to complain to in each of the books :D :D :p
They are probably unlisted!
36_11_6.gif
I thought you guys would "Have A Little Chat with These Perps" :D