phase converter install

cjprof

Recruit
I have a 98 Lowe 22 fishing pontoon. I wish to install a phase converter to charge the trolling motor. The leads on the phase converter are about 4 ft short in both directions. The starting battery is at the aft with the motor. The trolling motor is about 10-12 ft forward just between the fishing seats. Routing the wires should not be a problem but my question is will I create too much resistance if I solder extensions on to the existing pre wired unit?

This unit wires onto the starter battery and switches the charge load to the trolling starting battery to the trolling battery when the starting batter is fully charged.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: phase converter install

OK...I will be the first to ask. What is a phase converter that you would have on a boat?

I know about phase converters that can construct 1 phase out of 3 phase power or vice versa but do not understand how they would be used on a boat.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

I think he's talking about the XPS Phase Charger or one of similar design. It's in effect a combiner.

Lone Duck

Master Chief Petty Officer

I think he's talking about the XPS Phase Charger or one of similar design. It's in effect a combiner.
Hell I thought he was talking about that thingamajig for converting A C to D C. Hick! oops to much J D.:D:D