PETA wants fishing columns deep-sixed

LadyFish

Admiral
If PETA had its way, you wouldn't be reading the fishin column with your Sunday morning coffee.<br /><br />In a letter that went out to sports editors of newspapers, including FLORIDA TODAY, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is asking newspapers to abandon their fishing columns.<br /><br />The letter is signed by Karen Robertson, the Fish Empathy Project Manager for PETA, a group headquartered in Norfolk, Va., that claims to be the world's largest animal rights organization with more than 800,000 members and supporters.<br /> more...... <br /><br />I'll tell you one thing, these people are the best liars or truthy benders the world has ever known!<br /><br />Even during the drug culture years of the 60's there wasn't this many " whackos" around. What with liberals , Greenpeace , PETA , ACLU , NAACP , and the Sierra Club it's getting so darned crowded there isn't enough room for sensible folk anymore. I just don't understand how the hell we let these nutjobs take over like they have.

ehenry

Commander
Re: PETA wants fishing columns deep-sixed

The PETA folks did a thing in down town Jackson one day. They had a guy dress up as a fish holding a sign that read "Fish Have Feelings Too ! " We all laughed at it. Then, here comes this chap dressed up as a bean holding a sign that read the same thing. Wasn't long before fish and the bean were going at it. Fisticuff city ! ! They were down on the sidewalk beating the crud out of one another till the cops came and arrested them both.

beniam

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You missed the "plants have feeling" and grow better with classical music movement. Now there's a cause from the 70th. Batavier

90skichallenger

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tell ya what.<br />They can all just kiss my hairy arse.<br />Buncha whack jobs...

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by 90skichallenger:<br /> Tell ya what.<br />They can all just kiss my hairy arse.<br />Buncha whack jobs...
Yea what he said.<br />I think I will go out and hook one in the creek now. :mad:

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I think this has made me annoyed enough I might go and hook me some complex and intelligent individuals to relax. What's good bait for a vegan?

Realgun

Commander

AH P.E.T.A. I am a member in good standing I will have you know!!!<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />P- People<br />E- Eating<br />T- Tasty<br />A- Animals<br /><br /> :D

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Realgun:<br /> AH P.E.T.A. I am a member in good standing I will have you know!!!<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />P- People<br />E- Eating<br />T- Tasty<br />A- Animals<br /><br /> :D
thank-you "Uncle Ted"
nra_2005.jpg
"Born in Detroit 12-13-48, middle finger first" :D

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

LF,<br /><br />We are ready to hunt cats here in Wisconsin. Grab and gun and some BBQ sauce. I hope there are a bunch of wackos in rubber boats trying to save the cats. I got to sight in the gun....

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Now THAT would make a good t-shirt.<br /><br />There was actually a student campaign going on for the ethical treatment of maggots at one point in England. They'd turn up and tip anglers maggots out. (yes, I AM BEING SERIOUS!)<br /><br />Please<br />Euthanase<br />These<br />A**holes

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Wow! That's about the strongest language I have ever seen from LF.<br /><br />I consider it ethical to kill and eat animals as well as plants. I think it would be fatal not to.<br /><br />Now, those PETA folks might carry some disease that you could catch from eating them, so I advise against it.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Wow! That's about the strongest language I have ever seen from LF.<br /><br />I consider it ethical to kill and eat animals as well as plants. I think it would be fatal not to.<br /><br />Now, those PETA folks might carry some disease that you could catch from eating them, so I advise against it.
How about using them for cut bait?

achris

More fish than mountain goat

We are in an unfortunate position with these idiots. The constitution of both our countries allows them free expression, so we can't do anything about their ramblings. The aforementioned constitution also allows us (free-will, normal thinking people) the right to tell them to pi$$ off and allow us to do what we like. They have no right to have things ban, but do have the right to voice their opinion, unfortunately.<br /><br />Chris........<br /><br />I like the idea of using them for cut bait. :D

Perfidiajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class

They also have the right to remain silent, I wish they would use that one! It's gotta be us, 'cause there's a whole lot more of them.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

I'd personally be willing to donate money to PETA so they would be able to buy a clue! :rolleyes:

D

DJ

They had a guy dress up as a fish holding a sign that read "Fish Have Feelings Too ! " We all laughed at it. Then, here comes this chap dressed up as a bean holding a sign that read the same thing. Wasn't long before fish and the bean were going at it. Fisticuff city ! ! They were down on the sidewalk beating the crud out of one another till the cops came and arrested them both.<br />
I would have paid to see that. :D <br /><br />One thing drives those people. <br /><br /><br />Boredom.

jollymon

Petty Officer 1st Class

does anyone know where the word vegetarian came from?<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />It orginated from native american's and it means white man that does not know how to hunt!!!

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Local radio station has a PETA fishing contest every year. DJ is a HUGH BASS fisherman. Might give it a try this year. ;) <br /><br />
Tommy and Rumble of FM99 also use their show to promote an annual "PETA Fishing Tournament" on the Elizabeth River, directly in front of the animal rights group's headquarters. Usually they get about one hundred boats to come out for the event, some of them sporting mounted deer on their decks and sausages hanging from the sides of the boats.
These guys are BRUTAL! :D

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Hmmm... wonder what cat does taste like? But then maybe I know. I've heard rumors about the local Chinese restaurant. There always seems to be a bit of fur blowing around thereabouts.