Perfect day of boating and then.......

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade
We spent a great day out boating and fishing (not catching anything but trying nonetheless) today. Sun was perfect.. not to hot not to cold, went investigating and did a lot of fishing. We found a quiet little channel that led off the lake into a dead end. Went back up the channel from the dead end and found a little cove along the way very secluded and quiet. No traffic for about 30 minutes. All is well then a stinkink jet ski comes ripping up the channel at about 50 mph and blows right past the entrance to our quiet lil cove, turns around and comes flying in and spins around right in front of us about 10 times spraying water over us, creating stupid noise and wake, spreading general hate and discontent for about 3 minutes then leaves. How perfectly stupid can some of these people be? I guessed the guy to be late twenties to early thirties. If I would have had a faster boat, I probably would have folowed him back to dock and drilled a hole in the bottom of his new shiney flea. I think next time i'll be prepared to fire up the boat and block the entrance and start casting my hooks at him. What else can you do?

Pony

Rear Admiral
Re: Perfect day of boating and then.......

You mean that big verado on your canoe in two couldnt catch hime??? maybe you need to move up a few holes on the transom or try a different prop........<br /><br /><br />on a serious note i hate people like that, and its unfortunate... its people like that that give all jet skiers a bad name; even though not all are jerks like that the few who are have made me hate those things. i routinely fish on a little 300 acre lake upnorth and they are always on it, when just 10 minutes away is a HUGE lake that gets very little fishing pressure during the daytime.......I mean how much fun can it be to go around such a small lake......

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

The less experienced crowd are attracted to them. Some are just jerks.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

grrrrrrrrrrr, just another reason I do not like jerkskis and why I keep several 1/2 oz. egg sinkers onboard.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've got a plastic shotgun that shoots plastic bb's. The new replacement for paintball guns, soft shoot guns. They can leave a welt but they are still painted orange on the end which puts them in the catagory of a toy. Wondering how much trouble a guy can get in pinging plastic bb's off an idiotic jet flea driver that goes out of his way to be a punk.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's the good thing about 1/2 oz. sinkers, there is no "gun" to be seen so no proof can be had. ;)

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

hahaha and a slingshot will sink when your finished with it.

f_inscreenname

Commander

I would have caught him. I have a 60 gallon gas tank. :cool: <br /> That kind of crap is to much. Over the last couple years the water fleas have got a lot nicer around here. The law made sure of that. All it took was two fatal accident in a week and the USCG cracked down big time. You get caught jumping a boats wake to close and you will be picking up your jet ski at the court house. Harassment, like in your case would defiantly get you a big fine.

KaGee

Admiral

Dang it, sure wish I could find the link to that video showing the latest in ant-jetski war fare.

tommays

Admiral

up here with all the rule inforcement jet skis have become beter behaved than normal boats for the most part and dont cause much problems anymore<br /><br />but with some of this years fatal boating accidents i think a real crack down will happen next summer towards big boat owners<br /><br />tommays

FLATHEAD

Captain

A couple years ago I saw a jetski enrage a fisherman to the point of no return. He chased the guy all around the lake. The jetski guy must have figured if he beached the ski the guy in the boat would turn away,,, he didnt. The jetski went up on the small beach and the nitro bass boat did the same. He got out of the boat and proceeded to kick the snot out of the guy.

Ron G

Commander

once you throw a once weight on a carolina rig at them they usualy leave if they can :) :) last heard about a jetskier on one of them rocket ones buzzing a fisherman the race was on i heard both went right up the ramp.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I would love to have chased him but we are talking a 60 - 70 mph flea versus a 30 mph boat. I'm think a quick cast on a treble hook with a large weight should do the trick... might keep an extra rod on board with that exact setup for next time I see him pull that.

Moody Blue

Captain

Slingshots are remarkably accurate, non lethal and are disposable if need be :D . Home-made projectiles made of flour, water and salt about the size of a 3/8" ball bearing and dried as hard as a rock, works well and are biodegradable so as not to polute the water - or so I'm told ;)

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Marbles... Stink-bait... Rocks... Rocks... Big Rocks...

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

how about ice cubes... bet they'd hurt and if for some reason it got caught in his clothes he'd still have no evidence. :D

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Oooooh!! That would sting!!

cpj

Ensign

Wimperdink,<br />I am very upset with you for calling jetskis water fleas.How dare you!The correct name is LAKE LICE. A zara spook filled with lead shot really flies along ways, not that I would know.I once saw a magizine add for a fishing rod company that showed a fisher man with his lure hooked on a jet ski with the rod all bent over.They were trying to illustrate the strength of their rods,and at the same time show their hatred of lake lice.If anyone has that add,please post it.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

how about a hiring a rebel malicia group to go around with hole saws on speed handles and snorkles curing our problems. :)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I most always have a casting rod rigged with a 2 oz jigging spoon...I've used it a couple times, never caught one though, not sure what I would do if I did.