Penn boating license?

wmteich

Seaman Apprentice
Is there any actual requirement for boating in Penn? What do I need to have on me in terms of paperwork? Any advice is welcome.

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Penn boating license?

Pa requires all operators of PWC (Personal Watercraft) to have completed a boating course and have a boating certificate in their posession when operating a PWC.<br /><br />In addition, operators under a certain age (18 I believe) can not operate a boat over 10 HP without a boating certificate.<br /><br />I took the course a few years ago over a weekend and now it is even available on-line from the PA fish & boat commision website.

wmteich

Seaman Apprentice

but nothing for operating a boat if over 18?

zzub

Seaman Apprentice

You just need the regestration & numbers on the

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

wmteich, Pa's great. They even eliminated the launch permint provided you have a current registration. Was just up at Beltsville lake and found that one out, hope to be on the water up there this weekend coming. <br /><br />Hope to see you around.<br /><br />And welcome to the boards BTW

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Not yet, was hoping to maybe get up there this year. Camp at Promise Land SP and do runs to the lake during the week. I started booking my vacation time and it's starting to look a little thin, too many hobbies not enough time. I have a couple of things going on that may limit my time off. And I've heard WPP can be a night mare on weekends.