Penn 114H repair question

Sea Mitch

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was given an old Penn 114H Senator and it needed a little work. The bridge w/stem was loose. Is there a website or book that I can get with a little more info on how to assemble and disassemble these reels other than Penn's schematic?

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Penn 114H repair question

Might be wrong, but don't believe the 'bridge w/sleeve' can be broken down further. If it's too loose just get a replacement. Don't know of another book or anything, everyone here just uses the exploded view drawings as guides. It's not that hard, and all the parts are usually readily available. Also believe you can send the whole reel to Penn and they'll overhaul it for you if you don't want to mess with it. Good luck.

pflathead

Cadet

Penn may take a long time. Try to do it yourself first and if it doesn't work send it to them in a box they can put any penn reel back together.<br /><br />Pflathead

Fly Rod

Commander

:) I own a dozen Penn114h !!!!<br /><br />Is there a deep sea fishing charter near you???<br /><br />if so they usually have a repair shop!!! Take it to them and they will service it, fix it and clean it up for a few bucks!!! Well worth the money!!! ;) :cool: <br /><br />Also call or go to Penn web site and they will tell you who fixes them and there may be one near you!!!!