Peeling paint, FS175

topjimmy

Cadet
I have seen a couple of other posts regarding this. Have a lot of Lowe owners experienced paint peeling on their aluminum boats? I, too, have had mine for 3 weeks and am having paint peeling.

At first I thought it was my fault, I scraped a rock or something, but after examining the hull I see creases and places where it looks like it may bubble and peel in the future.

I called the dealership and they called Lowe, and they want to take the boat and repaint it. No questions were asked of me, which leads me to believe this is a common problem. They say it will take a month to paint it.

Did I make a mistake? I love this boat, the way it drives, everything but the peeling paint. Should I have bought a Tracker?

Ugh!

irv64

Cadet
Re: Peeling paint, FS175

I have the FS165 and so far so good, I have heard of others with the problem and their boats were re-painted no questions asked. I love my boat too, and hopefully I don't have that problem in the future? One guy on our lake has had his boat painted twice and he is a little peed off to say the least but so far so good this past summer. Good Luck, I hope it works out for you............Irv64

boatbuilder

Recruit
Re: Peeling paint, FS175

you didn't hear it from me, but I work there, and there was some bad primer. Free repaint to affected models. Contact dealer