Pee hole only dripping water --- 15hp Tohatsu

flatbottomman

Recruit
I noticed my pee hole wasn't peeing, so I replaced them water pump impeller. Next time I took it out, it was only dripping water. I revved the engine up a few times (in neutral) and it starter peeing normally. The next time I went out, today, it was back to just barely dripping water. What's going on? It is a 4 stroke Tohatsu 15hp.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Pull the Tstat and replace.Also try pushing a piece of wire into the exit hole as far as you can ,.You may have it clogged with silt from running in murky or shallow water.Charlie

ahicks

Captain
I would run a piece of something like weed whacker string into the outlet to make sure some bug hasn't started building a nest in there. Pretty common problem.

flatbottomman

Recruit
When I used it yesterday, I noticed my low oil pressure light came on, which I thin is probably from the oil thinning due to the motor getting hot. I am guessing if the pee hole was clogged, water would still be getting in the engine, right? That makes me think its more than the pee hole clogged.

pvanv

Admiral
Rule out (or in) overheating. Use a gun type IR thermometer. Cheap at HF and other places. Engine should not be going over about 150F. Stat has NO effect on the pee tube. I trust you did an OEM WP kit, not some cheapie impeller that may fit incorrectly. What is your actual model (not year?)

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If that motor has a flushing port (usually a bolt) located in middle of the exhaust cover if having one get a flush adapter at a Tohatsu dealer, remove thermo, screw thermo cap back on, connect a water hose there and flush the motor OFF as long as you like.

While doing so poke a hard plastic string or any red caanula from a WD-40, Carb Cleaner spray bottle up/donw through the peel hole several times. This procedure will surely get rid of any water circuit obstruction provided it's not a severe one...

Happy Boating