Pee hole on OMC outdrive

panhead

Cadet
Hey folks, This is probalby a newbie question, but does the OMC outdrive use the pee hole while using the muffs?

If it is not supposed to, what would cause this? Mine has always had the pee stream coming out when using the muffs, well at least since i bought it 3 years ago. I thought this was normal, since my previous boat with a Johnson o/b had the pee hole.

There is another thread discussing (somehow it was in the mercury o/b thread) this, and it was stated that it should not.
http://forums.iboats.com/bbBoard.cgi?a=viewthread;fid=24;gtid=1165577;gpid=1166767#gpid1166767

Mahoney

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Pee hole on OMC outdrive

OMC sterndrives dont have pee holes like an outboard. Depending on what model it is, you dont use muffs on them. I have an attachment for a garden hose at the pivot for flushing.

whywhyzed

Banned

my omc i/o has a pee hole. A deflector aims the water stream at the ball gears to cool them while running. It pees whilst on the muffs.

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander

There's no pee hole on my OMC cobra drive.

jchris1062

Cadet

I have a 1986 and a 1989 omc. The 1986 does run water out of the hole when on a muffler, the 1989 does not. I use the muffler when running the engine and the hose attachment on the pivot when flushing. I have wondered the same thing.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

My 87 Cobra has a pee hole on the starboard side of the lower unit..

KaGee

Admiral

Panhead needs to clarify what drive he has. I have a Stringer 800. It has a pee hole. Ran it on muffs until I added the flush adapter upgrade. Pees both ways. 8)