parts needed for 62' 5.5hp

reckless

Seaman Apprentice
head to exaust housing gasket<br />impeller<br />impeller housing<br /> there is a glass fuel filter on the model is this available or do i have to get an aftermarket fuel filter?<br /> i cut out a gasket for the head to exaust so im asuming the combination of impeller and cracked impeller housing is the cause for no/little water out of the exaust.<br />Ken Kook sent a manual i think its the wrong one,on the back the numbers are em5thed, they had to resend the one that gives a breakdown of the parts,wen i called the lady said the thicker book was the right one but im still thinking its not.

D

DJ

Re: parts needed for 62' 5.5hp

vencio,<br /><br />Any John/Rude dealer can still get/have those parts.

reckless

Seaman Apprentice

ill try tomorow but i doubt it if they dont have it i canm order it from the u.s and have it faster than they can.thats y im inquiring<br />maybe reeves has it

Paul Moir

Admiral

Base gasket: 18-2901 (Iboats, other aftermarket P/N), 313065 (J/E dealer P/N)<br />Impeller: 18-3001 (18-3202 for kit with wear plate), 379764 (Both these for use with METAL housing only)<br />Water pump: 391391 (includes impeller and PLASTIC housing)<br />Filter: 18-7826, 305185 (I *think* this is correct) I use 'gutted' short auto carb paper filter elements instead.<br />The date for your manual should be on the front cover. Is it not?<br />Pop the powerhead on with the old gasket and see if you can blow up through the water tube. If you can't there's an obstruction. If you can, put on the new pump and enjoy!<br /><br />One place to get the dealer parts: www.maxrules.com <br />I don't think Iboats ships overseas yet (call/email and find out), but some of their competetors do.

reckless

Seaman Apprentice

no <br />no dates on teh cover<br />just a reference to some other model in one of the chapters<br /><br />how do you guys answer so fast?<br /><br /> thanks for the help i will chek the local dealer tomorow.he says i have to bring the parts in.<br />when i had the exuast housing of i poured water all through all of the passages and cleaned up everytihng.as for shipping overseas i have my stuff shipped to a u.s adress then forwarded here<br />Can i use omc gasket sealing compound on the head gasket and thermostat gasket?

reckless

Seaman Apprentice

got the parts guys<br /> and found a great deal on a 9.9hp yammi<br /> thanks for the help !