Parts help needed

kirkll

Cadet
1990 alpha one , gen one 4.3 mercruiser. I’m trying to locate a bellows kit and was given the Sierra #
18-2601-1 and it’s coming up as a “Transom seal kit” . Looking at the photo of the parts I believe this is correct. Can someone confirm this for me?

im also trying to locate a lower shift cable And was given the Sierra part number 18-2603 and it’s coming up “No parts found” can someone help me out here?

One more question. How do I verify If the parts I order on this website Are in stock, or back ordered? I have a shop doing my work that cannot get my parts and I’m trying to chase them down myself. Is there a number I can call to see if they have these available?

any help would be greatly appreciated..... thanks Kirk

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Most parts suppliers are low on stock. If a shop with good parts sources is having trouble getting parts, you may not do any better. Call 1-800-869-1686.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
For bellows and shift cable, I can't recommended anything but OEM. I've used the Sierra bellows and cable once. And never again. For longevity and ease of fitting, the OEM parts can't be beaten (unfortunately)....

Merc part numbers
Uni-joint bellows is -60932A4 (that's just the bellows and the 2 hose clamps for the bellows)
Shift cable, with shift cable bellows is -865436A03 (cable, bellows, clamps and gasket) Use with above.

Shift cable, without shift cable bellows is -865436A02 (just the cable) Use with below.
Transom seal kit, (which includes a shift cable bellows) is 30-803097T1 (3 bellows, gimbal bearing, hoses and clamps)..

Any Merc online or dealer shop will have them in stock.

Hope this helps.

Chris......

Rick Stephens

Admiral
Agree with Chris on OEM only. You will get much longer service life and a lot easier install.

kirkll

Cadet
Thanks guys I found them on line and got them ordered last night. Kirk