Parts crossover

ljc1957

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
169
I've got a 1966 Seaking/Westbend, 50 hp outboard. I'm looking for a source for parts, such as ignition coils, fuel pump etc. I know these were built by Chrysler and I'm trying to find out if Chrysler shared parts with OMC. I got a price quote on an a battery powered coil of $118.00. The Iboats store didn't list anything. Is that about right? Thanks in advance.
 

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Apr 26, 2002
Messages
19,069
Re: Parts crossover

To be tecnical West Bend was purchased by Chrysler in 65.Your 66 Is a Chrysler.
There is a Chrysler/Force section that should be able to help you more.If you told us where you priced the coil that may help determine if a good price.You might check out the Chrysler Crew at Fairwinds Marine.Also perhaps Langs outboard or Twin Cities.
 

ljc1957

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
169
Re: Parts crossover

Thanks Steelespike, I'll check those out.
 
Top