Paging Dolluper

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Do you have any torque specs on a 38 La Salle series 38-50.<br /><br />Specifically head bolts, but any others would be good.<br /><br />We have scoured our shop manuals and cant find any torque specs at all.<br /><br />Thanks, Ken

dolluper

Captain
Re: Paging Dolluper

yes sir 38 V8 head bolts 70-75 lbs tighten cold and again hot "NOTE" 2 used by water outlet have oversized heads 1/2" longer than rest don't put antwhere else or your will screw the block<br />...15,,,16...8...1...11...20...21<br />...14....7...,,,2..3....6......18<br />...17,,,10..9..4...5...12..13..19<br />Head torque sequence<br />valves intake zero set hot<br />....exhaust zero set cold<br />valve timing intake top dead centre<br />,,,,,,,,,exhaust 10 degrees after top dead<br />Spark plugs AC-104 @.025 points@ .016<br />Firing order odd on left bank,even right <br />,,,1-8-7-3-6-5-4-2<br />Got pretty well all the spec's let me know what you need it's a V8 not the V16 right got those spec's too

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Thanks a ton, yes it is the V8.<br /><br />We have already run the engine once and it ran great, I just wanted to re-torque the heads and I couldnt find the info anywhere.<br /><br />Oddly, the sparkplugs are the exact same plugs from a small block Chevy, R45<br /><br />We couldnt believe how smooth it ran, I would have thought it was fuel injected with electronic ignition!<br /><br />Thanks again, Ken

eeboater

Commander

Question:<br /><br />
torque specs on a 38 La Salle series 38-50.
Answer:<br /><br />
yes sir 38 V8 head bolts 70-75 lbs tighten cold and again hot "NOTE" 2 used by wa...
Only on iboats....

dolluper

Captain

Yeah the old ones just keep on ticking just like timex's great to hear she's up and running This book I have is a " Motors" manual covers alot of things for the La Salle so much I think I'm in the thirty's ha ha wasn't around then but maybe<br />Wow just checked got a carb section pull the #'s off the cast you could have a holley,carter,rochester,stromberg, or zenith