Paging Brian FD...

KaGee

Admiral
What the hay is going on down there?? Is ESPN blowing the problems way out of proportion or is there serious trouble brewing for Tressel and Geiger??<br /><br />The smucks are calling for both of there heads! Rediculous!

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Paging Brian FD...

Sorry, KaGee, but it's been a little busy down here, cleaning up after the ice storm.<br />I watched the Alamo Bowl Wednesday night. I was very disturbed about ESPN's negative comments. While it's true that Ohio State is in the midst of a public relations problem, I think the university's handling of Troy Smith's violation of NCAA rules has been exemplary. Mostly, I believe that ESPN is disappointed that their reporting of the Clarett case was so easily dismissed for lack of merit by the NCAA and the Ohio State University. I feel they're holding a vendetta against OSU and will 'sensationalize' any negativity towards the university. It's not front-page news here in OSU's hometown, and rightfully so. Now the fact that they easily dismantled OK State's offense and defense IS newsworthy, and that played well on the headlines.<br />As far as ESPN calling for the dismissal of Coach Tressel and Andy Geiger, well, I don't think that will happen. And ESPN will cry 'sour grapes' until something happens to someone somewhere else where they can focus their negativity.<br />Just my $0.02.

gonfishn

Commander

Its not like other colleges aren't doing the same thing..They just Have not been caught yet..<br /><br />This last Episode with Smith will not go far..Since he tried to give the money back to the booster and reported it himself I doubt if he will have to many games to sit out<br /><br />Its Like Tressel Says we can't watch them 24/7..They know whats right and wrong...they are young adults who are easily influenced with Money when they have none during there College Years..We all have made bad decisions when we were young. The kids are more exposed to temptation when they are nationally recognized..

KaGee

Admiral

Thanks guys... I am relieved to hear this.