Owners manual???

MudDuck

Cadet
Hello, I am a first time boat owner and just bought a used 95 Sunbird FS with a 112 Evinrude. I am working thru an overheating problem but i have other questions. First of all, where can i find an owners manual that is downloadable off the internet, or is there such a place? Next, does anyone know what the spark plug gap should be on this motor? Also, the steering is really stiff turning to the left, especially when comming out of a turn, any ideas( can i lube the cable or is it just cheaper to replace?)
I have only had the boat in the water once today will be # 2. So, i may be back with a whole slew of issues, HOPEFULLY not. But so far the help and info from this site has been AWESOME!!!
Thank You ALL,
The Duck.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Owners manual???

you can find diagrams at brp-evinrude , click parts and acces. on the right is engine diagrams, and literature. you can order a manual in the literature part , and see you engine in the diagram part. you will need your model #. the service manuals are pricey, but well worth it . there is no downloadable site. my manual only goe sto 1990.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Owners manual???

The owners manual will tell you how to operate the engine but not how to fix it. You need the BRP/OMC shop manual.