overtemp alarm

grampa's toy

Seaman
while attempting tach. instalation I pulled apart my control box. I noticed that the purple wire to the buzzer [ overtemp? ] was cut, I'm thinking about a temp gage. If my 1980 200hp crossflo is set up for one or replacing whatever nessessary to bring it to stock and read both heads instead of one . opinions? I also see people talking about a pressure gage I really would like to have both. is there a way to do this on my motor? even if I have to drill and tap a port myself I will as long as I know where. thanks for your help

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: overtemp alarm

hello<br /> yes a pressure gauge can be teed in between the fitting at the exhaust housing and the overboard restrictor. a temp gauge is false security unless your going to run one on both banks. I would rather remove and test the overheat sensors with a thermometer and a pan of water and make sure the alarm horn and circuits all work. use the latest self testing type horn. I have seen to many engines melt one bank and the temp on the other stayed normal.

grampa's toy

Seaman
Re: overtemp alarm

thanks rodbolt should I use a brass T where the plastic fitting comes out, this is a freshwater motor.