overnighters on your small boat

riptide116

Seaman
Hello<br /><br />I have a question and or would like to hear about overnight trips on boats,I recently did a overnighter and well it was cool,did not sleep on boat and found out about sand fleas!<br />so pretty much I was on anchor wach and really had a good journey that was safe.<br />I had a anchor buddy so I was sorta immune from the tides and so I did not wake up to my boat shored.<br />lights worked great & battery was good...but is there any thing else that may have been overlooked if I was to do a overnight trip (boat anchored at night-not underway )<br /><br />had filed a flight plan with someone who would call in case of me not returning at certain time.<br /><br />looking for pointers or things not to do while doing a overnighter ...

stevens

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: overnighters on your small boat

Make sure you have a proper anchor and know how to use it.<br /><br />Anchor in a location that is not in anyone's way.<br /><br />Makes sure your anchor light works.<br /><br />Carry a spare battery so that you can start the engine in the morning.<br /><br />Use mosquito nets or spray or whatever.<br /><br />Stay warm.<br /><br />Stay reasonably sober, just in case.

riptide116

Seaman

Anchor,lights ok,pull start motor so only drain on battery is the lights,most for shure is to not be in anybodys way,reasonably sober is no problem (dont drink much)<br />I scored on a DNR map (Deparmtnet of natural resorces) aquatic division that shows public beaches,so I am not trespassing if I am on the shore (dont want to **** off a landowner)<br />only thing that I am concerned about is the colman gas stove-until I have the proper dohicky I am only gonna use that on the shore and NOT on the boat-I got more smarts than that-<br />going out with a 2nd person is nice but boat is not that big so its gonna be solo.<br /><br />just want to make shure that I cover all aspects & be prepared.

brother chris

Commander

The inland lakes here are awesome. My favourite lake has a couple orange floating balls that I tie up to, for the night. <br />DON'T forget the misquito spray, or you will pay for that, all night and in the morning. <br />I love going boating and sleeping in my boat. It is awesome. <br />Have fun and be safe. <br />B.C.

brother chris

Commander

And while you are there, throw your fishing line out. The rod will wake you up when you catch a fish. <br />Nothing like being asleep and then hear the reel going crazy. You wake up out of a dead sleep and have a fish on line. <br />Now that is fishing!!!

riptide116

Seaman

no more overnighters this year but maybee...maybe the next full moon is on the 16th...big tides that day & night,if no rain,nice spot near launch but too many cars,must do journey for quiet spot.<br /><br />anyone on iboats in or near the south puget sound ?