Over heating cobra

wazzee

Recruit
HI all.
Need some help with over heat problem . I have had a over heat that melted my raw water pump . I had used muffs but when I get bot to lake seems to want to over heat (engine 4.3 gm ) found a exaust flaper loose but were it was laying did not seem to cause a problem I reseal raw water pump rear plate and then she started to pump good hard stream of water , ran about 199 to 200 deg. is this to hot? I worked alot on a old omc nuckel drive and found a over heat problem with it . On that drive you could see a stream of water out of a hole on the starboard side then I new pump was working right away ,on this cobra I don't see anything like this . I do have a clymer manuel .I think problem was repaired but do not want to have tis happen again .
19' sunray 1987 omc

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: Over heating cobra

I have had a over heat that melted my raw water pump

Howdy,

The over heat did not "melt" your raw water pump. The pump was run dry. That's the only thing that will "melt" a raw pump.

If it continues to overheat with a "good' raw pump, then you probably have some blockage either due to previous raw water pump fragments blocking the oil/PS cooler or T-stat housing or associated hoses leading to the T-stat.

Another cause is rust-blocked manifolds and/or risers.

Regards,

Rick