Outragous Product Claims

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Was watching the sunday morning shows and saw the most stupid claim I have heard in a while. A cat food claimed to be the BEST TASTING CAT FOOD. Who volunteered for that job? Just picture a bunch of people spooning up brand A-B-C-D cat food out of little tin cans and tabulating a score based on texture, flavor, and presentation. I don't know anyone who speaks feline. Can you imagine some gormet chef cooking up cat food for the best flavor? I picture some dude grinding up fish guts and grass clippings, and sprinkling MSG over the top. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM tastey. <br /><br />I have to assume that you all have heard even more silly claims than this. Please share some of your more recent claims by advertisers that just don't pass the laugh test. Post away!

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Outragous Product Claims

Anything sold by Victor Kyam or that is sold on the shopping channel?<br /><br /><br />Possibly the most pathetic one I ever saw was "we are North London's premier Olive supplier"

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

And geico's gonna save me $$$ on my car insurance... blahahhhahaahahaaa..<br /><br />Them revolutionary new diet pills... There's about three or four that i've seen commercials for.... "just take the pills and the weight comes off".. uh, yea... cause you just dropped $150odd bucks for a bottle of worthless pills.. Now your wallet is lighter..

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Or any cosmetic product for that matter where the advertising points out how flawed and ugly you are and that they have just the product to make you pretty.<br /><br />I just love the order by phone ads on TV though where they compare the frustrating old way of doing something versus their new improved way with some $29.99 product. Like the tangled phone cords, some lady frowning and fussing all wrapped in a hundred feet of cord or the sticky frying pan that looks like it spent an afternoon in a campfire being scraped by a desperate acting woman who looks like she's about to take her own life over the situation. Don't kill yourself lady, buy our teflon pan instead! It will change your life!!

Twidget

Commander

Just picture a bunch of people spooning up brand A-B-C-D cat food out of little tin cans and tabulating a score based on texture, flavor, and presentation.
I almost hate to admit this, but my first step mother used to sample the dog food to see which ones tasted the best. She had her 7 yo(at the time) helping her out. :)

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Do mean like Ron Popeals SPRAY ON HAIR from a spray can? :D

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Hardee's commercials are trying to make up for the drivel. What's that they're selling anyway? Shampoo? Or is it Bentley's?

NYMINUTE

Captain

Tastes Great.....Less Filling......Blablabla. <br />Better yet TIME LIFE Music with Roger Daltry hawking the worn out oldies.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

We been getting these radio ads from some mortgage broker--"$180 thousand, payments of $400, and build equity faster..." what a crock. They're pushing ARM's with negative amortization in the first few years.

D

DJ

"Ron Popeal". Now there's an example of ingenuity.<br /><br />SOMEBODY buys that stuff. C'mon fess up!

Tyme2fish

Commander

DJ <br />Supreme Mariner <br />Member # 5471 <br /><br /> posted July 18, 2005 03:12 PM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />"Ron Popeal". Now there's an example of ingenuity.<br /><br />SOMEBODY buys that stuff. C'mon fess up!<br /><br />--------------------<br /> I've got a Popeal Pocket Fisherman that someone gave me once and it's still in the box. Let the bidding begin!!

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Tyme2fish:<br />--------------------<br /> I've got a Popeal Pocket Fisherman that someone gave me once and it's still in the box. Let the bidding begin!! [/QB]
You are letting a valuable resource collect dust by not using your pocket fisherman. You could be catching anything from bream to sharks with that all-in-one rod/reel combination.

Drowned Rat

Captain

I really love the clothes detergent commercials where they take a white t-shirt then rub grass all over it, soak it in used motor oil, and then use it as a sieve for straining the seeds out of ground up blackberries. They stir it around in the sink for a few minutes and voila. The shirt comes out white as snow.<br /><br />Yeah Right! :rolleyes:

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Have we all missed todays best (and worst) natural male enhancement. Take some magic pills and a single part of your anatomy extends. And your face gets a permanent smile. All flash no substance.

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

"Have we all missed todays best (and worst) natural male enhancement. Take some magic pills and a single part of your anatomy extends. And your face gets a permanent smile. All flash no substance"<br />=================================================I think its so funny when they say, after 4 hrs, and you still have an erection seek mediate medical attention, that still cracks me up to this day. I see some guy walking into the emergency rm. with you know what, and the nurse asking him what the matter? Then she see's....and says never mind!