Outrageous Sports Quotes

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer
Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan training regime of heavyweight Andrew Golota: "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is." <br /><br />Pat Williams, Orlando Magic general manager, on his team's 7-27 record in 1992: "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play." <br /><br />Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice: "My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt." <br /><br />Jim Finks, New Orleans Saints General Manager, when asked after a loss what he thought of the refs: "I'm not allowed to comment on lousy, no good officiating." <br /><br />Alan Kulwicki, stock car racer, on racing Saturday nights as opposed to Sunday afternoons: "It's basically the same, just darker." <br /><br />Lincoln Kennedy, Oakland Raiders tackle, on his decision not to vote: "I was going to write myself in, but I was afraid I'd get shot." <br /><br />Frank Layden, Utah Jazz president, on a former player: "I told him, 'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said,'Coach, I don't know and I don't care." <br /><br />Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach, John Jenkins: "He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings." <br /><br />Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at Texas A&M, recounting what he told a player who received four F's and one D: "Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject." <br /><br />And the Gem: <br /><br />Oiler coach Bum Phillips when asked by Bob Costas why he takes his wife on all road trips, Phillips responded: "Because she is too damn ugly to kiss good-bye." :p

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Outrageous Sports Quotes

For the cricket fans amoung us, this by an English commentator during a test between England and the West Indies. "The batsman's Holding, the bowler's Willy".

timfromfc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Those were awesome. Please post more if you find them.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Yogi Berra had them by the hundreds, but one of my favorites came from Casey Stengel when he was managing the Yankees: "the secret of managing is to keep the ones who hate you separated from the ones who are still undecided". <br /> Yogi had so many, it would take one of his books to list them all. One was "I didn't say all the things I said".