outdrive won't go down now

ScarabSprint

Cadet
I had to move the scarab sprint this weekend and I raised the trim all the way up. Moved it in the garage went to store it with the drive down. Hit the trim button down and click. click. click. everytime I hit the trim down it just clicks once. I trailer it back up and the pump works just not going down now. any help please, trying to sell it now and want to fix it. THANKS

Bondo

Staff member
Re: outdrive won't go down now

Ayuh,... Remove, clean,+ reinstall the wiring connections feeding the pump...

cr2k

Captain

If it works every time going up I would say most likely relay. Jump the connections on the relay and see if it goes down.

ScarabSprint

Cadet

I'm not 100% sure which ones to hit together. Will I cause damage if I hit the hit the wrong ones.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... There's Always the potential for Damage if you don't know what you're doin'....
The Manuals are in the Adults Only section,...

Have a look, then you'll Know...

picklenjim

Chief Petty Officer

You need to go to the solenoid with the green wires going to it.Jump with a screw driver from the large red wire terminal to the large green wire terminal.Drive should run down.If it does run down like this but only clicks when using the switch then the solenoid is bad.

Green wires like grass are down.
Blue wires like sky are up.

ScarabSprint

Cadet

Oh man thanks. that was it, I guess the relay is going bad works great now though.