Outboard running in 30 gal trash can

mshirley

Cadet
I'm trying to fix an Idle problem in my carport, I stuck a 32 gal trash can under the motor and filled it with clean water, after running 5 to 10 mins the water is filthy. Is this normal?<br /><br />Mike.

superman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Outboard running in 30 gal trash can

Probably, Filthy of what? It is flushing your cooling system so what ever deposits are in it are flushing out. Also your exhaust is coming out in there

mshirley

Cadet

Well, it's just grungy looking, I think it's normal, just wanted some re-assurance. Thanks for your reply.

denniz

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Did you use a dirty trash can?.....Just kidding youll prob get alot of oil/exhaust debris on top of the water. Thats normal

Neil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I regularly use a large 100 gallon tank to run my engine. Easier than muffs as I know I am getting a constant supply.<br /><br />Quite normal for the tank to get slimy with oil deposits as the exhaust vapours mixed with oil soon turn a clean tank to something unhealthy looking.<br /><br />NG

denniz

Senior Chief Petty Officer

CANT RESIST.... YOUR CARPORT HAS A IDLE PROBLEM?????

mshirley

Cadet

Rod Knocking: There's one in every crowd, Gotta admit though... that was pretty good. Thanks to all, you guys are great. Thanks for your support and assistance.