Outboard rigging cost?

stjernefodt

Seaman Apprentice
I'm about to buy a new Yamaha F50 from an out-of-state dealer. He's shipping it over to me and I want my local Yamaha dealer to install it, but I'm not sure what would be a fair price for this service.

Anyone have an idea on how much I am expected to be charged for this?

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant
Re: Outboard rigging cost?

You already beat him out of the deal and now you need him. Boy thats gonna cost you! In my business that would cost you full boat retail.

marcortez

Petty Officer 1st Class

You already beat him out of the deal and now you need him. Boy thats gonna cost you! In my business that would cost you full boat retail.

Kinda depends on how much your shop would have charged this guy for the purchase of the motor.
IBoats sells a 50 Yamaha for $6199. Boats.net for $5672
What would your shop have charged?

If your shop tacks on a $1000 bucks more for the same motor, and then charges the guy 20% less for install cause he bought the engine from you and your a great guy......

At the end of the day, the buyer ends up saving a $1000 bucks on the purchase and pays you 20% more for the install......seems to me he has the upper hand....total cost wise.

asdasc

Senior Chief Petty Officer

What would it cost him to do it himself?

It depends on what needs to be done, I suppose. Is there a motor to remove? What becomes of that? Is it also a Yamaha? If so, you don't need new steering, gas and shift cable hook-ups. Wiring is a job, maybe.