outboard motor tilts down but will not trim down

daviddegray

Cadet
I have a 200 hp merc. outboard. the tilt will go down to the small pistons and stops, it tries to push the small pistons down but will not go. How come the small pistons will not retract.This motor and trim is a 1987.No sorry I think the trim system is a year old

Re: outboard motor tilts down but will not trim down

ad411kd62 said:
I have a 200 hp merc. outboard. the tilt will go down to the small pistons and stops, it tries to push the small pistons down but will not go. How come the small pistons will not retract.This motor and trim is a 1987.No sorry I think the trim system is a year old

Hi,

I know this post was put up some time ago, but I have the identical problem with my 1989 135HP Mariner. How did you fix the problem in the end and what was the cause?

Thanks

caithnessdiver

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Like I said in your other OLD post you brought up.

Just start a new thread, Otherwise your question will get lost. 90% of those reading on read the first and last post before answering.
When you do start your new thread, best to post the SN of your motor. Merc doesn't go by year on anything, only by SN.

Don said:
Like I said in your other OLD post you brought up.

Just start a new thread, Otherwise your question will get lost. 90% of those reading on read the first and last post before answering.
When you do start your new thread, best to post the SN of your motor. Merc doesn't go by year on anything, only by SN.

Thanks Don - spot the newbie!!