Outboard Jim....no oil/low oil warning.HELP!

calm like a bomb

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I recently removed the VRO tank and plugged the oil line on my 1989 70h.p. 3 cylinder engine. <br /> Runs fine using the 50:1 premix ratio.I noticed when I removed the 1.8 gallon VRO oil tank that the electrical line was never connected to the warning system.<br /> I ran the boat after the change around idle speed using the flush ears without any problems but I took it out fishing today(Caught some flounders) and had to listen to the no oil/low oil warning buzzer all day.I'm not sure how to correct this.Does the VRO pump itself have a sensor internally that would cause this?<br /> From everything I read prior to disconnecting the VRO it said just unhook it and plug the oil line.What can I do to stop the warning buzzer.<br /> The overheat buzzer works but the no oil/low oil will drive me nuts if I can't stop it.<br /> Any advice would be greatly appreciated.THANKS

seahorse5

Rear Admiral
Re: Outboard Jim....no oil/low oil warning.HELP!

The VRO is the only outboard oiling system that has a NO OIL FLOW alarm on it. It seems that you did not connect it and it's doing what it was designed to.<br /><br />Follow the wiring about 8" from the pump and disconnect the black round connector and tape off the engine harness side to prevent corrosion. That will shut off the VRO NO-Oil alarm sound.

calm like a bomb

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Seahorse,I'll give that a try and I appreciate the information!!Previous owner had the line unhooked and stuffed behind the 1.8 gallon tank.<br /> I never knew it until I went to disable the VRO.<br />Been lucky I guess.The warning buzzer sure got a workout yesterday though!!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Yep....what seahorse said.

calm like a bomb

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks Seahorse & Outboard Jim!!<br /> Unhooked it and taped up both ends this morning.<br />It was right where you said it would be.Going to see if I can trick a few more flounder into the boat without warning them from a mile away that I'm coming.Thanks Again!!