Ouch. Again!!!!

RichP1269

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sorry all, just need to vent.<br /><br />Just got a call from my doctor. MRI shows a herniated disk in my lower back. Second time in three years! So now i've got to tell my boss that I will need to miss 4 - 6 weeks of work to have the surgery. Worst part of that is I've only had this job for 3 months. Not sure how he is going to take it.<br />This probably wouldn't upset me so much if it wasn't the same disk that wass already operated on. I don't know about you, but when I have surgery and the doctor says the problem is fixed, I expect it to stay fixed.<br />So much for boating for awhile.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Ouch. Again!!!!

Originally posted by RichP1269:<br /> I don't know about you, but when I have surgery and the doctor says the problem is fixed,
Bummer dude, but I'm with you, this round should be more like it would be with a mechanic. If he didn't get it right, it should be on his nickel . . . fat chance :rolleyes: . Good luck!!!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

That's a real bummer. Sorry to hear that. <br />Bassy

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

What exactly was done before?<br /><br />I was hem-hawed around for almost two years before mine was fixed.

crab bait

Captain

surgery is the last resort.. all other options should be exhausted first.. <br /><br />i'd go to a physiatrist.. goggle it up..

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

When the day comes that a psychiatrist can cure a physical wound I will gladly pay their exorbitant fees out of MY pocket instead of having the piddling insurance programs not cover enough to make a difference.<br /><br />Any person that has not felt that pain could never understand.Can't stand and walk.Can't sit. Can't lay down.Have to crawl to the bathroom and hope you can get up on the stool in time.No pain pill in any quantity helps.<br /><br />Surgery had me feeling 1,000% better in 2 weeks.<br /><br />So much for my rant.Good luck RichP1269.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Bummer dude, hope everything is ok and good luck on the back surgery.

RichP1269

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Bart Sr,<br /><br />Previous surgery was a laminectomy at L5-S1.<br />Looks like it is going to be the same thing this time.<br />They have tried to pull the take a tylenol, it will get better route already. Fixed that by giving my doctor the records from my previous surgery. Got the point that I knew what I was talking about. Had me in for an MRI within two weeks.<br />Some times you just have to force the issue with these blasted HMO's.

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

I hear ya 6 yrs ago had 2 herniated disc which I had surgery for L4-L5, L5-S1.....Had about 5 1/2 wonderful years after that...Now I have the pain coming back, painful to sit,stand,move...Sometimes just takes my breathe away.<br />Had MRI done twice as the first mri didnt have contrast $$$$$$ ouch.<br /><br />MRI came back negative,just some buldging disc and the such but nothing visably pressing on the nerve.<br />Since then Ive had a total of 4 Epidural steroid injections in the spine,with the last shot being a "last resort" that included morophene(SP?)...Shots helped for about 2 weeks and pain started to come back.... I imagine I will have to go under the knife to remove scar tissue as thats the only reason doctors can come up with as to why I have the pain.....<br /><br />I feel for ya..Been there,going through that.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Disc pain is un-matched in agony, been there twice, still no surgery, but I wonder everytime I use the back too much if I will wake up with the 3rd one. Sux, hope you heal fast, and only have to once.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Man you guys are making me feel lucky, as I have none of those problems. Best of luck to all of you!

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

I've been off work since May recovering from surgery to repair L4 L5 herniation and laminectomy. So far so good, about 75% of the pain and numbness is gone. If it doesn't get any better from this point on, I'll consider it worthwhile. Good luck with yours.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Mine was a total discectomy L5-S1 with a cancellous block implant and bone fusion.As long as I keep the majority of my heavy work above my waist I see no difference from before the injury.<br /><br />>>>>>>>HAPPY BOATING<<<<<<<