other problems.....

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
How have you dealt with them? If it doesn't concern our boats, are there really any other? :) Of course there are.... Sadly enough, I'm discovering at this point in my life, my boat is about all that there is..... Depending upon how I "choose" to look at that, that could be good news or bad.

However, it has taken me five months to do a small transom and I'm nowhere near done yet :facepalm: :lol: It's funny but not and it's shameful but not. It's just how I've been dealing with the fact of my working days are over - and I got that news without warning. Thought I had at least another 10/20 years before I'd retire, if then?

Just saying, not complaining; what would you do?

aspeck

Staff member
Try to make the best of it and enjoy the boat as much as possible ... certainly more than I do now (have yet to get it out on the water since hunting season the end of January).

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
agreed... And I am enjoying just having the work to do; but I know I'm not the only one in the same or similar boat. Am outside everyday all day, unless it rains, which is often. Under-tooled, under-manned, under-financed, etc etc.... because I love it!! Fishing out of a boat, that is.

Heart condition lends to being easily fatigued. Not certain why I started this thread? Just had woke up and felt like sayin, I guess?

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
one of my first thoughts today........
https://youtu.be/_9TShlMkQnc

when it should be everyday.......
How'd it hit me? Well..... I built a Seacast transom :lol: If ya can't see the irony there, there isn't much hope for ya :lol:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
jr ... You alright ? Yep , your alright .... Sometimes ya just gotta put life in your own perspective ... Live it day to day ...
Now lets get that boat ready for some fishin !! I know your ready to go wet a line ! ;)

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
maybe as alright as I can be :rolleyes: who knows? My biggest struggle has been "accepting what is" - that alone affects everything else whether I'm aware those thoughts or not. They run like a strong undercurrent and I have to stay on top.
Like they say, whoever "they" are :lol:, "everyone is fighting some sort of battle". Working on my boat is "some" how I fight mine....

thanks for the pep talk lol. Need some redirect sometimes - just because it's staring me in the face doesn't mean a thing....

Last edited:

keith2k455

Chief Petty Officer
"accepting what is" ...

Hmm....same struggle I have multiple times per day. Like you, I just find something to be grateful for and don't let it ruin my day. I'm the only one with control over my happiness. I can't control other people, my situation or my surroundings, but I can control my happiness.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
ut oh, beginning to sound like Philosophy 101...... :facepalm: lol. Yeah, have make myself do stuff because acceptance "may" be the answer to all my problems, but it is not the solution to them. Staying busy takes the focus off of them; plus, what we resist persists.

Scott Peck, MD in "The Road Less Traveled" said that "depression is a normal and natural human emotion; that it only becomes neurotic when stopped or stagnated." (might not be an exact quote?) I'd be lying if I said things hadn't gotten me down, but they could be worse; it's only been through working through those feelings that I can maintain a positive attitude.

When I say "working through them" - I don't mean physical work, but that helps. Attitude of Gratitude helps also, but gratitude is an action word - if I'm truly grateful, I will do whatever necessary to maintain that which I'm grateful for. And I'm not talking of the material, but it's true there as well.

Last edited: