Oshkosh 2005

sloopy

Commander
More pics to come... I have tons of pics, tell me what you want to see and I will show it.

sloopy

Commander
Re: Oshkosh 2005

Ok Trent here is your airplane... I was upset to notice something missing by the tailwheel, can anyone guess what it is? <br />
watermark.php
<br />
watermark.php
<br /><br /><br />Grab-Bait, there where no Gee-Bee s there but I got you a pic of the next best thing.... A clipped wing Monocoup (sp)<br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />Now I tried to take pictures of Pat Epps p38 the Glacier Girl, but for some reason my camera ended up taking pics of the Glacier Girls!<br />
watermark.php

sloopy

Commander

More Pics to come guys. Would you guys like to see some warbirds? I have pics but I dont like warbirds that much.

sloopy

Commander

My two favorite out of all the aircraft. This J-3 and 140 were beautiful.<br /><br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />
watermark.php

sloopy

Commander

My favorite twin engine airplane. I did not see any nice ones in oshkosh :( <br />
watermark.php

sloopy

Commander

A very happy DC3 ;) This one is also missing something near the tail. <br /><br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />Tax payers DC3, this one is not missing anything.<br />
watermark.php

sloopy

Commander

OK some warbirds, I should not post the pic of the p51 because it just so happens the only GOOD pic of a p51 I took in Oshkosh is the same plane that crashed and killed the pilot less then 23 hours after I took the pic. I will still post it for all you die hard p51 fans. <br /><br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />I can't seem to focus on the plane ;) <br />
watermark.php

sloopy

Commander

I have plenty more pics Warbirds, Formation flying, EVERYTHING! anyone have any special request? I went crazy with the digital Camera.

sloopy

Commander

These are privately owned!?!?!, they fly to Oshkosh and get free gas. <br /><br />
watermark.php

saxis

Petty Officer 2nd Class

See many Van's RVs out there?? My dad just got done building a RV9a last year, finally getting it painted this summer. He also has a very rare 55-56 Piper Super Cub with toe brakes... only found 2 others like it, and hard to find anyone that's ever heard of them.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I have two requests... <br />Got an F104 Starfighter?...<br />More Pics of the girls?...<br />not necessarily in that order... :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the warbirds, Sloopy. My generation has a very soft spot for them. My uncle flew both F4U Corsairs and F6F Hellcats in the Pacific.<br /><br />Would like to see a pic of a BD-5 if you have one.<br /><br />Loved the J4. The Model T of civil aviation. My neighbor has one that he restored himself.

sloopy

Commander

I'll post more pics later. Anyone guess what is missing from trents dc3?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Hi Sloopy, In one pic, I noticed an HU-16 Albatros. Wouldn't have a better pic would you?<br /><br />Roosevelt had one as his personal plane. It was assigned to Gitmo before it was moved to the Naval Air Museum in Pennsacola. It was weird to see a plane in there that I had flown on.<br /><br />If you ever get a chance to go to the Museum in Pennsacola, do so. Lots of stories and planes there. I know I loved it.<br /><br />Good to see you back Sloopy, hope you are doing well! :D

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It is sad about that P-51 crashing. When I was a kid, my best friend and I were in Civil Air Patrol and were really into airplanes. My friend's Dad knew a guy that had a P-51 with a jumpseat in the back. He got my buddy a ride one afternoon. They did some aerobatics when they were up there and after they landed my frien looked pretty shook up. He said that he blacked out at the top of a loop they did, the pilot said that was normal, he did too :eek: I read several years ago that that plane had crashed too, killing the pilot :( . If you have any pictures of the warbirds flying, could you post them?

sloopy

Commander

I have more, but I am out of memory! Any other sites offer picture services?