FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
If there isn't rbh, I am sure it was an oversight! :lol:
Seriously, I do not know. I own and use an old Hyster YE-40 and no one ever told me about any regs for either Washington or Oregon. A few years back I had an independent forklift service transport it from Oregon into Washington. He never mentioned anything.
rbh, I have a connection to a large Washington heavy construction company. They use very large equipment including cranes, etc. If you want, tomorrow I can ask them about this. Let me know and I will do it in the morning.
What are the circumstances of your delivering the forklift? Is this a local job that your operator will need to drive it or would you just be dropping it off for a local entity to use it? What is the nature of the job that the forklift will be used in?
No real issue Boom, wifes employer has opened a yard in Wash state, and was just a question floating around the kitchen table this morning, I guess they got thier health and safety guy on the case now.
Please elaborate, foodfisher. If you mean that we are not yet over regulated, like California, then yes. Please note, however, the operative word-'not yet'.
My Dad was a licensed General contractor in the state of WA for 50 years and I can tell you for sure, the statement anything goes in WA is not true, there are numerous jobs you have to have certification or licensing to legally do.
Please elaborate, foodfisher. If you mean that we are not yet over regulated, like California, then yes. Please note, however, the operative word-'not yet'.
A forklift operator must be trained and autherized. National law under OSHA. If not trained and hurt would hate to be in the persons shoes as they will be drawn and quartered. Well the first part of the fine is $70,000. I have to be trained every 3 years and the guy who does the training is also an OSHA investagator.