Oregon absentee voting?

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
I heard something on the radio the other day and wanted to find out if its true. All Oregonians vote absentee. No polls? Is this true?<br />Bassy<br />P.S. If so, what other states are like this?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Oregon absentee voting?

Originally posted by Bassy:<br /> I heard something on the radio the other day and wanted to find out if its true. All Oregonians vote absentee. No polls? Is this true?<br />
It's called 'vote by mail', Bassy. Yep, that's all they got. Oregonians are so addled that they couldn't find there way to the right precinct, so they voted in 'vote by mail'. Probably just as well, as Oregonians don't even know how to drive in the rain. They'd just go out and run into each other on election day, trying to find their precincts.<br /><br />I might also ad, vote by mail has wide fraud abuse potential.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I might also add, vote by mail has wide fraud abuse potential.
That's why I asked. That is asking for serious trouble.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Bassy:<br /> That's why I asked. That is asking for serious trouble.
But Oregonians know better. It goes along with their Napoleonic personality. Vote by Mail is fair and it doesn't disinfranchise anyone who is not supposed to vote (sic). Oregonians are wise, deliberative, independant, progressive and frankly quite sickening. They just love to elect eastern liberal transplants to run their local governments.<br /><br />I think that's what happens when they are raised under cloudy skies for 9 months out of the year. My state of Washington is not far behind. IMHO, it's like what happens to tomatoes when the growing season is cut short. They kinda wither on the vine and don't finish up.

spratt

Lieutenant

I vote by mail, by choice. It is convenient, simple, I don't have to go where the crowds are ( I hate crowded places!!), and as far as I know, (which could be spurious!!), my vote is always counted. What matters most to me is that I voted. I have no way to verify or disprove that my vote was counted or tossed into the can...nor do I really care that much, since the only reason I vote anyway is so I can complain if my opponent wins!!! I always used to feel guilty complaining or bragging when the race was over, but at least now I know I put my vote in!!! If I ever thought that my single vote is the one that kept Bush out of office, you better believe I would be down at the courthouse asking for verification mine was counted!!!

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Bassy, alls you need to do is go to any small town along I-5 in Oregon and ask directions to the next town and you'll see why they don't have a place to vote. They'd never find it! :D

LubeDude

Admiral

Yep, you are right Bassy, We all vote by mail and we still dont have anywhere near 100% voter turnout. Too Dam& lazy to even go to the mail box.<br /><br />P.S. My neighbor is a noted Democrat, so when I saw him put his ballots in his mailbox I took them out and threw them away. There is two votes Kerry wont get.<br />No, Not really. Wonder how often that happens though.

cc lancer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well hopefully by Christmas we will know who our new President is.....I heard last week on one of the radio stations here in NC that Mr. Bush and Mr. Kerry have in excess of 10,000 lawyers on standby after the election.

Homerr

Commander

Yes... I vote by mail.<br />No lines, no traffic, no mobs, no mess.<br /><br />Oh and Boomyal? Not all Oregonians think and act like you say they do. <br /><br />The words you describe us 'Oregonians' should offend me, but I guess I'm too stupid to get offended... <br /><br /><br />H.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Homerr:<br /> Yes... I vote by mail.<br />No lines, no traffic, no mobs, no mess.<br /><br />Oh and Boomyal? Not all Oregonians think and act like you say they do. <br /><br />The words you describe us 'Oregonians' should offend me, but I guess I'm too stupid to get offended... <br /><br /><br />H.
Of course, Homerr, there are exceptions to every rule. And I do know that you are one of those exceptions. No offense directed to you. Just the ones who would vote for the Kitzhabers, Goldschmidts, Katz's and your current wonder boy Govenor.

Homerr

Commander

I'm definitely not one of those idiots!<br />Thanks for the clarification.<br /><br />Unfortunately, Oregon is heavy Liberal (especially up North)<br /><br />All I can do is cast my vote and try and spread a little of the RIGHT side.<br /><br /><br />H.