opperation a success

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer
I've been dreading the day I was to get a much needed opperation. Had two disks fused less than a week ago.Everything went according to plan. This is in the upper part of the spine where they had to go through my neck. They fused bone and installed a piece of metal with four screws. Bad news is boating season is over mabey till fall. I can live with that. Its nice to have iboats, where I can still experience those things through you great people. :D

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer
Re: opperation a success

Best of luck, Thumbs! The lakes are prettier in the fall, anyway. :)

aspeck

Staff member

Glad things are going well with the back for ya - praying for a fast recovery. And at least the season isn't a complete loss - there is the fall.

LadyFish

Admiral

AllThumbs, would that by any chance have been C5 and C6?<br /><br />Just curious because I am probably looking at surgery in the same area somewhere down the road. I fractured them a few years ago and have a lot of problems still.<br /><br />A speedy recovery to you and lots of good thoughts that you get relief from your pain.

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for support everyone. LF, c6 and c7. Mine was more of a problem cause it was lower. Even at that , one night in hospt. Home next day. I wish I would of done this a year ago. http://www.spineuniverse.com/. Alot of info on this site. Good luck LF.

Stratosfied

Ensign

Heres to a very speedy recovery. I need a similar sugery myself. How long will you need to be off work?

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

Stratosfied, They say 6 weeks. I think it depends alot on what ya do physically. Also some of these proceedures are simpilar and done on an out patient basis that might have quicker recovery. I feel ok sitting in front of pc for short times. Defenately no driving for two weeks, rapid side head movement isn't good. I have a collar but its up to me if I want to wear it. I was given meds for pain and havent needed them at all. Good luck, AT

JasonB

Lieutenant

Thumbs, I feel your pain. If I injure mine again, they will fuse for my next op. I ruptured L5:S1 (very bottom disc) 2 years ago. surgery was a success, but I didn't do what I was supposed to any have only gotten back to normal in the past few months. Lesson: do what they say.

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

It;s hard to follow what they say now i'am feeling better, I want to get out and do things. But what ya say is good advice,thanks.