Opinion's on Humminbird?

springhead

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Opinion's on Humminbird?

i have a humminbird on my trophy, very good one,i like it, the one u bought is awesome

HenryPF

Recruit

Bass turd, how low did you mount the transducer? I had the very first wide 3d ones and the transducer was HUGE! I had to mount it about 1.5" below the bottom of the boat to keep it reading at speed of about 37mph but it created alot of splash (which I didn't mind).<br /><br />Also are the humminbirds still a pain to remove from the mount? The push button looks good but I always found myself having to remove it with both hands, 1 pushing down the button and the other hand wiggling the unit upwards to remove it. I eventually wound up cracking the C-channel on the back, returning it for repair and then it broke again. Superglue fixed it the 2nd time. Still the same way?

coby-5

Seaman Apprentice

still the same mount....I like it,and think its very secure.it takes 2 hands but you dont need to rock it ...it just comes right out.<br />and no worries about breaking the mount trying to swivel it or turn 180...very tight<br />also i mounted mine to shoot thru hull(epoxied to insde)<br />also the wideside is a little different,it shoots to the sides...mine is 11 beams covering 53 degrees,so 20 ft deep =20 ft of bottom coverage layed out in 3D like a topo map<br />I love it

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

ooh that's nice! I can sell my GPSMAP 230 on ebay, and use my SportTrack Pro to make that a FF/GPS combo with WAAS! That 3D topo mode is the coolest thing I've seen yet!

coby-5

Seaman Apprentice

cmon guys, there must be someone here with an opinion !!!

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Here's my opinion, I just bought the Matrix 47 at the Atlantic City boat show this past weekend. :D niiiiiiiiice.... Can't wait to get it out on the water. <br /><br /> :D

Darrendude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I bought a new/remaned matrix 25plus off of ebay for $149 delivered. I love it although once in a while I have condensation on the screen but it ussually clears up fast.It came with the speed sensor and water temp sensor.

D

DJ

Opinion.<br /><br />Never cared for them. But, my mind is open. Maybe they've changed.<br /><br />I was better off sticking my head in the water than trusting the display of the units I owned.

walleyehed

Admiral

Darren D mentioned one of the reasons I'll never use a 'Bird again....condensation under the screen...never seen one yet that wasn't that way first thing in the morning if it wasn't covered.<br />That unit does have some nice features though, and I hope they change the previous methods of venting the screen.

coby-5

Seaman Apprentice

i did have an older unit that did condensate ...but the fix was to not leave it in the cold and then let the sun warm it.....and this unit doesnt condensate at all!!!

ahawk1001

Recruit

So now after all this time has passed what is your opinion of a Hummingbird 47 3D?<br /><br />Also what is the mounting of the transducer like?<br />Can you strap in on the bottom of your trolling motor?