Opening window size Revisited.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
This subject was discussed some time before. As I recall there were no known solutions to the ever changing opening window size in Internet Explorer.<br /><br />Maybe with the passage of time some knowledge has been gained or someone new will be able to respond.<br /><br />It is hard to believe that there is not a function to set the size of a new window opening. I know you can right click on the start bar to tile your multiple windows and when done it gives you the option to 'undo tiling', but they still continue to open about 4" square and it's a pain to have to 'maximize' them each time.

eeboater

Commander
Re: Opening window size Revisited.

Close all the windows except for the one 4" square window. Then, drag the size of the 4" square window so that it is to the right size (not maximized). Then, close the window. You should now have no windows open. Try opening a new copy of IE. It should either be 1. Maximised, or 2. At the size of where you set it last.<br /><br />Sean

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

ee, a fresh window of IE, always opens full size. It's the subsequent windows, from a link, that open small. I can open any number of fresh windows (default homepage)and they will be full size.

aspeck

Staff member

Use Netscape - then you just open new tabs - much easier. Or, if you must use IE, get "Smart Explorer". It will allow you to open new tabs instead of windows.

Bondo

Staff member

This Probably Isn't the answer you're looking for,<br />But, It's the work-around that I've come up with, For all the Same reasons............<br /><br />Ya, I also Don't know all the names of the buttons...... :D <br /><br />Open a window.....<br />With the window in it's Small Size, Drag the edges out to Full Screen........<br /><br />The draw-back is, you can Only have Full-screen windows, or idle windows down in the tray on the bottm of the screen........<br /><br />The Upside is, You Don't have, "it's a pain to have to 'maximize' them each time."

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Try this. Open only 1 instance of IE. Select a link that opens up small like you said. Stretch it to where you want it. Now close the first instance of IE. While holding down the shift key, close the instance of IE that you just stretched by selecting File/Close (not the "X" in the upper right hand corner). You shouldn't have any IE open at this point. Now try it and see if it's fixed.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

To Non-Boating Technical.