Open letter to Hollywood Elite

aspeck

Staff member
This is probably not true, but the sentiments are good and what I have heard from Charlie Daniels in the last few years, it may have come from his pen:<br /><br /> An Open Letter To The Hollywood Bunch<br /><br /> Ok let's just say for a moment you bunch of pampered, overpaid, unrealistic children had your way and the U.S.A. didn't go into Iraq.<br /><br /> Let's say that you really get your way and we destroy all our nuclear weapons and stick daisies in our gun barrels and sit around with some white wine and cheese and pat ourselves on the back, so proud of what we've done for world peace.<br /><br /> Let's say that we cut the military budget to just enough to keep the National Guard on hand to help out with floods and fires.<br /><br /> Let's say that we close down our military bases all over the world and bring the troops home,increase our foreign aid and drop all the trade sanctions against everybody.<br /><br /> I suppose that in your fantasy world this would create a utopian world where everybody would live in peace. After all, the great monster, the United States of America, the cause of all the world's trouble would have disbanded it's horrible military and certainly all the other countries of the world would follow suit. After all, they only arm themselves to defend their countries from the mean old U.S.A.<br /><br /> Why you bunch of pitiful, hypocritical, idiotic, spoiled mugwumps. Get your head out of the sand and smell the Trade Towers burning. Do you think that a trip to Iraq by Sean Penn did anything but encourage a wanton murderer to think that the people of the U.S.A. didn't have the nerve or the guts to fight him?<br /><br /> Barbra Streisand's fanatical and hateful rantings about George Bush makes about as much sense as Michael Jackson hanging a baby over a railing.<br /><br /> You people need to get out of Hollywood once in a while and get out into the real world. You'd be surprised at the hostility you would find out here. Stop in at a truck stop and tell an overworked, long distance truck driver that you don't think Saddam Hussein is doing anything wrong.<br /><br /> Tell a farmer with a couple of sons in the military that you think the United States has no right to defend itself.<br /><br /> Go down to Baxley, Georgia and hold an anti-war rally and see what the folks down there think about you.<br /><br /> You people are some of the most disgusting examples of a waste of protoplasm I've ever had the displeasure to hear about.<br /><br /> Sean Penn, you're a traitor to the United States of America. You gave aid and comfort to the enemy. How many American lives will your little, "fact finding trip" to Iraq cost? You encouraged Saddam to think that we didn't have the stomach for war.<br /><br /> You people protect one of the most evil men on the face of this earth and won't lift a finger to save the life of an unborn baby. Freedom of choice you say?<br /><br /> Well I'm going to exercise some freedom of choice of my own. If I see any of your names on a marquee, I'm going to boycott the movie. I will completely stop going to movies if I have to. In most cases it certainly wouldn't be much of a loss.<br /><br /> You scoff at our military whose boots you're not even worthy to shine. They go to battle and risk their lives so ingrates like you can live in luxury.<br /><br /> The day of reckoning is coming when you will be faced with the undeniable truth that the war against Saddam Hussein is the war on terrorism.<br /><br /> America is in imminent danger. You're either for her or against her. There is no middle ground.<br /><br /> I think we all know where you stand.<br /><br /> What do you think?<br /><br /> God Bless America<br /><br /> Charlie Daniels

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Open letter to Hollywood Elite

You be right about the sentiment, aspeck.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

if only sean penn really meant it when he said he<br />was gonna be a "human shield" in Iraq...

Carphunter

Commander

Have to say I agree with that 100%. <br /><br />Just need to include all the rest of them liberals with the hollywood bunch.

aspeck

Staff member

Thanks for the verification Whaler! Enjoyed looking at CharlieDaniels.com and seeing it there in the 2003 archive. The rest of his site was pretty good also.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm ornery enough that I agree with the sentiment and try to avoid supporting the Hollywood crowd.<br /><br />Unfortunately, I'm in the minority. <br /><br />The Dixie Chicks, remember them? After a brief flurry of anger at them running down our President to a foreign audience, they sold out every one of the stops on their concert tour.<br /><br />Madonna? People paying over a grand for a seat.<br /><br />Linda Ronstadt? 100 people walk out and she sells out the rest of her tour.<br /><br />And that scumbag Michael Moore? Well, I won't go there because it makes me angry when I think about it.<br /><br />Hollywood is a cesspool, and has been for decades. Pop music industry the same. But they are filth because the American people wallow in it like hogs and support it with their wallets.<br /><br />Sorry about the rant.<br /><br />Jinx

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

I wish I could disagree, Jinx, but I simply can't. We Americans are way too concerned with entertainment and entitlements to be remembering what is really important. Much like the Roman Empire just before their fall. Sure hope we don't end up the same. Maybe Lenin (russian dictator, not the Beatle)was right- we'll fall apart from decay instead of from being conquered.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

You're completely correct Bearcat. There are many, many things that the current US has in common with the late Roman Empire before its collapse. Nothing lasts forever.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I have to agree 100%. I think they have gone way over board and they need to be boycotted. Problem is, we have so many here in the U.S. now that see them as royalty, that they keep buying into their crap.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

bearcat said; "Maybe Lenin (russian dictator, not the Beatle)was right- we'll fall apart from decay instead of from being conquered."<br />isn't that what happened to them??? heck, they<br />even changed his city's name back to St. pete's...

KennyKenCan

Commander

I just hope the next terrorist attack, and there will be another terrorist attack, happens right there in good ole Hollywood!<br /><br />Maybe then, they just might understand!

f_inscreenname

Commander

I totally agree with C.D’s statement but I have to say that I would leave Ben Afleck(?) out of that crowd. Anyone see him on Bill O’Railly ’s show last night. Bill shook his hand and said he wished there was more like him (high praise from Bill).

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

M.Y., Isn't that what really happens most of the time? The weakness from within just gets exploited by someone else when there is a conquering going on. Especially when strength was ever present in the first place.<br /><br />Communism might sound good to the naive, but a more corrupt form of gov't cannot be found. Not that ours is free from that. At least we're free to point it out and call for an impeachement or at least not re-elect the slimeball. Of course the ability to do something and actually exercising it are two different things...