Open Bow Cushion Fastener?????????pic

mech1521

Seaman
This little plastic piece holds up the 3/8 wood and cushion to the side of the boat in an open bow. This piece pushes into the back of the cushion, and the other end pushes into the fiberglass. PLEASE tel me what it's called, and where can I get about twenty five.what am I.jpg

Rellik546

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Open Bow Cushion Fastener?????????pic

hahaha, i took mine out and ruined a few. they are similar to the slide in snaps automotive companies use to fasten a cars door panel. i actually went to my local hardware store and found some....not sure on their name.

check out autozone/ oreillys they may have something similar

Rellik546

Petty Officer 1st Class

http://www.wclco.com/Plastic_Components/Plastic_Fasteners.php

did a quick google search. they are called double ended christmas tree fastners. i provided the link. they are a few different kinds and styles. the first one looks cool as it holds real solid on one side, then releases rather easy from the other. that way u dont have some in ur cushion and others in the bow fiberglass.

mech1521

Seaman

Thanks Rellik, I've looked all over and can't find them anywhere. It's a marine fastener, someone should know where to get some. I know what your talking about, and I'm going to autozone tommorrow.

mech1521

Seaman

We must have been typing at the same time. At least now I know what they're called. thanks for the link

Rellik546

Petty Officer 1st Class

you might have to order those online....just take measurements of ur current and give the company ur measurement. if u google double ended christmas tree fasteners there are a few different companies. some have a few sizes some have more