only bad in the water

Galaxy owner

Seaman Apprentice
87-89 evin.140,Looper. Carburators are,decarbed,soaked,cleaned blown out.When I get the motor on muffs it runs good but,when I goto the water it stalls and wont rev and barely idles.It still has a miss like described on my previous posts.I put a new coil on the one that was bad.Had some help on the timing which by the reeves method was 14.without plugs,running 18.Is this correct?The compression is 150,140,150,130.If the reading was accur.I did it 3 times! 50 to1 on the mix.It has oil inj.It has been been disconnected.I hear it making a clicking sound is this normal?Sorry for the original post but I was trying to keep just the facts in and no rambling.The motor is new to me bringing it back to life after sitting for a year or two.paid 500$ should I junk it?

Last edited:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: only bad in the water

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=250879

"only bad in the water" is not a description of a problem. Please describe "bad".

Is it making power on all cylinders? How do you know that?
Are all throttles opening fully? How do you know that?
Was link 'n' synch done by the book? Was idle set with it in the water and in gear?

Please post in complete sentences with correct capitalization and punctuation.

In these times of very heavy traffic helpers sometimes ignore posts they can't make sense of.

Galaxy owner

Seaman Apprentice
Re: only bad in the water

Link and sinc done with help from a knowledgable merc racing mec that knows little about evinrudes Timing set in tub of water basic visual of wot and wired back to make sure