One soldier deserts and the news has it all over...

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
This idiot Pfc. Jeremy Hinzman, 26, gets scared and wants asylum in Canada and the media makes it sound like thousands of Americans are running off to Canada. And they make it sound like we are just slaughtering innocent people left and right. And another thing that gets me is the phrase "post war Iraq". What post war? The war is STILL ON! <br /><br />Geeze, the media is a buch of butt heads.<br /><br />Hinzman should be put to death for deserting.<br /><br />And yes, innocents do get killed in war time.<br /><br />**** happens! Get used to it.<br /><br />I feel better now.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: One soldier deserts and the news has it all over...

Amen Mark.<br />'nuff said.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Post War.. Media play up to make any killing of Iraqies look savage, and any GI's justified. One desserter get headlines, 100,000's of troops defending freedom, only get a headline when they mess up a bit. :mad:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

The media truly are the biggest morons on the earth. They very rarely get the story correct. Then the try to blow everything out of proportion, just to sell.<br /><br />But who are we to blame, the idiot media, or the people who buys this stuff?<br /><br />Ken

f_inscreenname

Commander

It is a shame he did not desert in Iraq.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think 2% of events get 98% of news coverage.<br /><br />And that's the 2% that are the most sensational.<br /><br />It's a dang shame. :(

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> The media truly are the biggest morons on the earth. They very rarely get the story correct. Then the try to blow everything out of proportion, just to sell.<br /><br />But who are we to blame, the idiot media, or the people who buys this stuff?<br /><br />Ken
My remote button is wearing thin on the OFF button.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

We are slaughtering innocent people left and right. Just because it's during a war doesn't mean it's acceptable. What I find disturbing is people attempting to justify it, like it's an ok thing to do. Last I heard the Iraqi death toll was over 100,000 and less than 15% of them could possibly have been the "bad guys". Thats 85,000 innocent people. Thats 28 times as many people that died on Sep 11. We scream and cry over what happened that day, only to bestow the same thing, 28x+ (we're not done yet), upon a country that had no part in the attack, and then wonder why they hate us. And these are supposed to be the people we are "liberating". We keep going at this pace and there won't be anyone left to liberate, which is just fine for some of you here, I'm sure.<br /><br />"Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln, and my fellow Americans. <br /><br />Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed ."<br /><br />According to Bush over a year ago, the war is over.<br /><br />But to stay on topic, the guy who fled to Canada should be handed back to us and punished in whatever way the Military sees fit.

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br />[QB] We are slaughtering innocent people left and right. Just because it's during a war doesn't mean it's acceptable. What I find disturbing is people attempting to justify it, like it's an ok thing to do. Last I heard the Iraqi death toll was over 100,000 and less than 15% of them could possibly have been the "bad guys". Thats 85,000 innocent people. Thats 28 times as many people that died on Sep 11. We scream and cry over what happened that day, only to bestow the same thing, 28x+ (we're not done yet), upon a country that had no part in the attack.......<br /><br /><br />Don't know where you got your stats on who was or wasn't the "bad guys" amongst this 100,000 or so Iraqis on the death count ,and am a bit disturbed by your interpretation that America is somehow solely responsible and hipocritical.Iraq has been a bit less than cooperative with other nations on their weapons programs and have exercised nothing short of thuggery in imposing it for years in the region as well as globally.If Sadam had had his way your 85,000 inocent death stats would be paled.I'm quite certain of that.Fact is ,whether your stats are accurate or not,this irrational pyscho placed his own people in harms way by consistantly not adhering or complying with guidelines set in stone by non other than the UN.<br /><br />The regions resistance to American forces is also somewhat short of a uniformed defined force ,but rather riddled with insurgents and street clothed participants ,to include women and children who are willing to die at a chance to kill.Type this data into a statistical computer program and the answer you'll get is a high probability of collateral damage.War is hell.<br /><br />To somehow inject that America is ruthlessly killing thousands of inocent people with no regard for their sanctity in some blind revenge for 911 is IMO so far off the mark that it almost isn't worth debating.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by ob:<br /> <br /><br />To somehow inject that America is ruthlessly killing thousands of inocent people with no regard for their sanctity in some blind revenge for 911 is IMO so far off the mark that it almost isn't worth debating.
It's not ALMOST not worth debating!!<br />It IS NOT worth debating. It's not worth feeding the fire. Some people will believe what they want to. If the truth does not agree with what they believe then the entire world is lying.<br /><br /><br />As for the POS who deserted. Just shoot him in the head and save the tax money. We have an all volunteer force. When you join the military, there isn't an idiot in the world who wouldn't know what you are signing up for. There are too many crybabies who want all the benefits of the military but when it comes time to do what they are told to do, all they wanna do is whine and complain, or desert! He will get less punishment than he deserves!! I say, make him pay back every red cent he has received from the military. All pay, allowances and the equivalent costs of the medical benefits, etc.<br />Then put him in jail.......in an Iraqi safehouse.<br /><br /><br />AK Chappy

Link

Rear Admiral

Well said Mark<br />However the news media are not Morons and they are Not Stupid. You called them Butt heads and I can agree with that. The news media has an agenda<br />which they promote 24/7. Anything Anti American, Anti Christain or Anti Bush is what they promote. <br />Look at how fast your simple post got trolled! <br />Nuff said. Good point Mark

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

MrB Scott that truly must be... <br /><br />darn it, must pull fingers.. away from keyboard... to prevent personal attack... ahh....ahhh...<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Ken

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

MrBscoot read the quote you posted from Bush...<br /><br />It says MAJOR operations are over, i.e. thousands of troops fighting against thousands of troops. Major operations have ended.<br /><br />What we have now is a bunch of thugs fightings an unconventional battle.<br /><br /><br />Ken

D

DJ

The defense department reported today that there are approximately 5500 "deserters" in Canada.<br /><br />Apparently they signed up for the benefits only, not to actually do what armed services do.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by AK Chappy:<br /> As for the POS who deserted. Just shoot him in the head and save the tax money. We have an all volunteer force. When you join the military, there isn't an idiot in the world who wouldn't know what you are signing up for. There are too many crybabies who want all the benefits of the military but when it comes time to do what they are told to do, all they wanna do is whine and complain, or desert.....AK Chappy
You said it, AK. What, exactly, do people think they are enlisting in? It is the UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES. They are a MILITARY force. Their job is to go into combat and carry out orders. Elected officials make the policy, the military enforces it. PERIOD. <br /><br />It is not the right of the soldier to analyze and decide which policies to enforce. It is their responsibility, sworn by an oath that they took voluntarily to follow the orders they are given, as long as they are lawful orders. There are avenues available if those orders are not lawful orders.<br /> <br />If you don't want to fight a war, you shouldn't be in the military.