one plug wet/one plug dry

ryanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello again, well I am running the gamut with this motor. <br /><br /> Hx. 73 merc 200 20 hp. Replaced lower crank bearing ,seals and rings. Rebuilt carb and just took it apart to clean it. #1 plug stays wet, have switched plugs same problem. Running rough at low rpms and sputters as throttle is open.<br /><br /> Changed out CDI and motor is running better but still oil on #1 plug.<br /><br /> Perhaps maybe a bad coil??? Looked at switching coils to test and see if #1 plug will burn right, but can you change the plug wires so as they reach the plug?? If not, how do I test the coil??<br /><br /> One more question, if oil ring is slipping ( I pray not) what kind of problem could this cause?<br /><br /> Compression is 131/130 on cyclinders, still trying to get to water to break her in. thanks for your help, robert/ryan

ryanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: one plug wet/one plug dry

Oh, just wanted to say that I checked trigger wires and seems no problem. I am only into maybe three hours break in.<br /><br />Motor is running much better ( haven't tested in water)since changed CDI but still wondering about #1 plug being wet. Maybe the rings in #1 haven't began to seat?? ANyway, thanks for response.

ryanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: one plug wet/one plug dry

thanks, I got all my questions answered. Have a good day