One more try

dorkhead

Seaman
Are VRO/OMS pumps rebuildable. Are ther kits available and if so where? Thanks Frustrated

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: One more try

What engine do you have, boatwad? What is OMS?<br /><br />Your question is too general to answer without knowing what, exactly, you want to do.<br /><br />Let us know., and good luck. :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

OMS is what they call the "VRO" pumps now, JB. It's means "Oil Metering System". Since they don't vary the rate of oil anymore, maybe just a little at low end, the name just went to OMS.

dorkhead

Seaman

It doesn't really matter what motor. My question is general and it is Are VRO/OMS pump rebuildable/ are there kits available? Mike<br />2002 Johnson 150PXSNF

dorkhead

Seaman

Oh and thanks OBJ that why I wrote VRO slash OMS<br />so people would know what I am talking about. I can't seem to pull up a rebuild kit on computer. I was hoping someone on earth knew . Surely someone has questioned their VRO pump before. I've read many posts but saw no answers. Anyway I am just a bit frustrated.Sorry if I seem a bit short. Mike

dorkhead

Seaman

Thanks Rick I saw that site before but I thought I would just put the question out there to the masses. But I did now write in to the Mastertech with my question. I see he has rebuild kits for VRO but I don't know if that also applies to OMS so I asked him and now I am waiting for the answer. Keep ya posted. Thanks

MCM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

They may be rebuildable, they may not be, the problem partly may be your motor is fairly new, ishopmarine.com doesn,t even show a VRO/OMS pump in the parts list for that motor let alone a rebuild kit.<br /><br />Try troubleshooting your problem before you start throwing money at it. If you want to throw some $$$$ at it start with a service/repair manual, preferably OEM. Here is BRP's Web Site, if you can find any info relating to a VRO/OMS pump for that motor, then you'll be in luck. If you post the part# for the pump it may be possible to cross reference it and locate a kit.<br /><br />Good Luck :)

dorkhead

Seaman

MCM I know it has a pump. I know that much. That's why I was asking a simple question and not just throwing money at it so if you can't help then why don't you just not reply. It's not my boat to buy a manual it's a friend of mine who is on the liver transplant list and I am trying to help him out while he is battling for his life. Try looking on BRP.com and see the pump.<br /><br />boatwad...I edited out the flaming remarks. Please refrain from anymore. Mod2

Ranger01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Listen Boatwad, Your doggin out all these people that are just trying to understand your problem and give you a hand in fixing it, on their own time. I have never heard of such an un-greatful person like yourself. If it isnt your boat to buy a manual for then guess what, it's not your boat to worry about fixing. But if your going to worry about fixong it then make it easy on yourself and get the 15-20 book. The guys on this board no their stuff, they arent giving you any "B.S." answers. What MCM and everyone else here has said makes absolute perfect sence, and if new even a small amount of what they know about motors then you would understand that. I think that perhaps these forums arent the place for you or your slander.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

To answer your question boatwad, rebuild kits are no longer offered from BRP. Being a newer engine and most likely already has the most uptodate pump available and the most reliable, I would seriously doubt there is anything wrong with the pump. Is there a problem with the engine?<br /><br />And yes....year, hp and model make a difference.<br /><br />We can all feel for your position and your friends predicament boatwad and wish you both the very best of out comes. But the reply you gave MCM was not warranted. We can help you. Just give us the chance.

reeldutch

Lieutenant

yeah no hard feelings,<br /><br />this great forum doesnt need stuff like that.<br />and im shure we are all trying to help.<br /><br />good luck

Mod2

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks reeldutch....I hope the rest of the folks will simmer down also.

Ranger01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I apoligize if i seemed a bit hostile. It just earks me to no end to see people get angry at others only trying to help. I could have made my point with out the lecture. Hate to see such a great and informative place like this be brought down. Have a great day everyone!

MCM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well, I'm not gonna worry about it ;) <br /><br />Ranger01 just stopped laughing over your post :p

MCM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

NOPE :D , but it sure took the edge off of any response I had at the moment, Thanks for the time it gave me and the laugh ;) :D

Mod2

Senior Chief Petty Officer

OOPS! My bad. Pressure of the job don't ya' know. I fixed it..... :)