One big ugly storm !!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: One big ugly storm !!

Boy did that little girl grow! Be careful out there everyone.<br />Bassy

Twidget

Commander

Both brother in laws and my mother in law live just west of Biloxi. The area has a mandatory evacuation warning...they arent going.

JRJ

Commander

Originally posted by Twidget:<br /> Both brother in laws and my mother in law live just west of Biloxi. The area has a mandatory evacuation warning...they arent going.
Let us know how they fare. Going to be bad.

Edward Teach

Seaman Apprentice

I have been through worse storms out on the seas in my day...storms that would rip the hair from a cat and pull the very paint off our timbers. But perhaps ye landlubbers in the territories have no sense of these things.

Homerr

Commander

I hope they make it through :eek: <br /><br />Which leads me to the question... If you are in an area that receives these kinds of beatings... Why stay there?<br /><br />Just curious... :confused: <br /><br /><br />H.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Roscoe,<br /><br />I heard tell of a 20ft storm surge with 20-40ft waves on top of that. I hope it stays east of the delta or there won't be anthing left to fix.<br /><br />This is a biggie. Possibly one of the worst on record. Worse yet, it is still growing. Stay tuned, this ones going to leave a mark.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Homerr.. Sometimes you can't get out... When they evacuate entire cities and counties, can you imagine the traffic?... I been there, done that.... Hotels fill up quick... I'll stay put, or stay pretty close to home.... <br /><br />Would you rather be sitting in a car in gridlock on an interstate when the sucker hits (a very real possibility), or would ya rather be in a realitvly secure structure?.... I'll take the bathtub and a matress over sitting in a car on the interstate during a landfalling hurricane, anyday...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

""Not good, NHC still has no idea what's going on: ""<br /><br /><br />Please explain.

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

My son and his family live near N.O. and beat the crowd and left around 4 AM. I'm glad they did. Looks like gridlock on I-10.

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks like Venice LA will take this one the chin and good luck to New Orleans and every one in its path.