Once and for all, Need input/voters

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Having read through some of the most popular threads I feel the need to resolve these issues once and for all. Which is better, 1) synthetic or petroleum based crimping, or do you prefer 2) synthetic or petroleum based soldering? Please state in either case weather you use OEM or after market components in your chosen processes. And lastly what type of filter media do you use ensure clean reliable performance. You can name names if you so chose i.e. NAPA, Wix, K&N, whoever. <br /><br />This is a yes, no, type poll for questions #1&2, Question #3 OEM or After Market, and fill in the blank for question #4. Please feel free to elaborate as to what lead to the choices you made and why I/we should chose the same. <br />Thank you in advance. (I may be board, and just not know it.)

one more cast

Captain
Re: Once and for all, Need input/voters

L-T you can click the post a poll button and make this much simpler.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yep, LT. You are bored.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I prefer to crimp my synthetic OEM aftermarket petroleum products . . . :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I use petroluem based crimping AND synthetic soldering, then tie a 1/2 inch hemp rope around it and secure it with a 16# danforth style anchor.<br /><br />I make my own replacement parts using Intertec brand duct tape.<br />Cheesecloth from JoAnn Fabrics, domestic made.

LubeDude

Admiral

I use "Synthetic" duct tape for everything. If you do, you dont have to crimp anything.

dolluper

Captain

Geez I forgot the questions :D :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

omc,<br />If I made it simpler it would not have taken as long, and I could find myself border sooner rather than later...er...kind of, or something like that.

TexomaAv8r

Petty Officer 1st Class

Synthetic crimping but only on low wing aircraft.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I had synthetic cramping once, does that count?

QC

Supreme Mariner

I can beat all of this. I actually used duct tape on a duct today!!! No, really. Punched a hole in some drywall in the garage. The clothes dryer vents thru there, hot air coming out, add duct tape to drywall that is covering the dryer duct and no more hot air. Next project honey . . . :D

Dunaruna

Admiral

I heard from a friends next door neighbors gardener that synthetic soldering can cause power leaks. Is that true?

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Of course not. My brothers girlfriends sisters ex husband worked at a company that made the synthetic solder. He said that all of the claims are false.