On-Line Boater Safety Class

fishweed

Seaman
I finally took the advice of the more experienced and wiser members here on these forums and enrolled in an on-line boater safety class. I have about 20 years of recreational boating experience and allot of male ego to go along with it. I figured that my time on the water was enough to give me all the right answers. Man was I wrong. Once I swallowed my pride and took the class, I learned allot of new and important safety procedures and laws that I was not aware of.<br />To repeat what so may have said here before, take a boater safety class!!

fireship1

Chief Petty Officer
Re: On-Line Boater Safety Class

Do you have a link to where you took the on line class? I know that the Coastie Aux gives one every year here. I think it's four or five classes at night time. Was not aware that they offered them online.

fishweed

Seaman

The class I took was boat-ed.com<br />It was free to do all the work and take the practice test. The only cost involved was to have them grade your final test(optional) to receive your certificate. That cost was $15 and I expect to get that back by reducing my insurance rate.<br />This class is approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators and is recognized by the United States Coast Gaurd. My certificate was issued to me by my State Wildlife Resources Commission.

Bondo

Staff member

This is the course I took,....... It's accepted by the Coast Guard,+ Most States..... <br /><br />It's also an On-line course,+ you only have to Pay,.. to get the Diploma,+ Card that goes with it........<br />
I figured that my time on the water was enough to give me all the right answers. Man was I wrong. Once I swallowed my pride and took the class, I learned allot of new and important safety procedures and laws that I was not aware of.<br />To repeat what so may have said here before, take a boater safety class!! <br />
Ayuh,....... Without a Doubt......... Can't Agree More........<br /><br />After the 1st few pages,........ <br />I Realized I was a Total Idiot,... :rolleyes: ....Well,... As far as Boating Laws,+ Navigation anyways........ :D

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I like the one Bondo used. It fine tunes the course to each particular state that is included. Default (for states that aren't yet included) is the base USCG version. It costs ten bucks to take the final. Otherwise the course is free. The certificate may be presented to your insurance company, many offer discounts. It'd probably pay for that ten bucks many times over in the first year alone. :)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Just started. Please don't find more stuff for me to do while I should be working . . . :D