On Israel

rolmops

Vice Admiral
I just wanted to share this.<br />On Israel:<br />"It's not filled with your typical Jews that you know,the let-me-fill-out-your-tax-form Jews.It's more the will-you-hold-my-machine-gun-while-I-take-a-leak Jews.It's a different breed.<br />-Jon Steward

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: On Israel

Do you think they are gonna get out of Gaza, rolmops?<br /><br />Or even better, do you think they are gonna put a missile up Arafat's kazoo?

SoulWinner

Commander

Oh Israel, G-d's Chosen to keep His Covenant, to "be a special treasure unto me above all people:" Ex 19:5<br /><br />When the covenant is again kept, they can lay down thier arms, and He will do as in Ex 15:6, Ex:20-23, and EX 23:27-30 (I'm doing a study on Exodus ok??)<br /><br />May He keep and bless Israel, may His face shine upon you all. Bless you Rolmops!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Yes they will get out of the Gaza strip.It is not possible to control a one and a half million population forever.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, my wife gets on me when I refer to our Jewish brethren here as "tame Jews" and the Isrealites as "wild Jews". They learned their lesson over the centuries and, once they got their homeland back, they don't plan on giving it up to anyone. Check their military capabilities sometimes; they can field more armor and fly more combat missions then we can. They kicked everyone over there's butt in six days and I imagine they could do it again if it was all out war.<br />Good sentiment, SW. One day the lion will lay down with the lamb, but only one will get up.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It really affects your attitude when you are completely surrounded by people who want you dead and try to make it so regularly.

SoulWinner

Commander

From the prophesies that I have read, and as I understand them, I can only believe that nothing good can good caome from the division of the promised land, such as it is. Plus, until they give up all of Israel and drown themselves in the ocean(Dear G-D forbid it), they will not have peace, especially from the "palestinians." I am sick with the thought that the only reason the US is in agreement with the idea of ceeding parts of the Promised Land is due to our dependance upon oil in that region...........and the tree hugers won't even let us drill whats right under our feet!<br /><br />I just pray very hard for the preservation and strength of Israel.

18rabbit

Captain

Originally posted by JB:<br /> It really affects your attitude when you are completely surrounded by people who want you dead and try to make it so regularly.
This is exactly what some Israelis in Israel claim.<br />This is also what the Palestinians in the Gaza strip claim.<br /><br />Depending on where you want to get your information from, Israel will appear as either a victim or a terrorist state. Because of its actions, merely ignoring the contrary facts can correctly identify Israel as either. It impresses me as residing somewhere in the middle.<br /><br />The firing of four missiles from a helicopter during the demonstration in the Gaza Strip isn’t going to help Israel’s official position. Had the Palestinians been violent or threading Israel probably could have gotten away with it. Because it was a peaceful demonstration, the condemnation for the action is coming in from every corner of the globe, including Bush and Blair. Sharon is now saying he may allow UN inspectors to govern Israel’s actions in the Gaza Strip.<br /><br />As I have stated in the other thread, every coin has two sides. This coin appears brilliant on one side, and tarnished beyond reproach on the other. For this reason, Israel is not an easy animal to define.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Why is GOD hyphenated G-D on here? Is HE something to be ashamed of..is HIS name a curse word.... NO. Tell me... why?

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by ae708:<br /> Why is GOD hyphenated G-D on here? Is HE something to be ashamed of..is HIS name a curse word.... NO. Tell me... why?
In the Jewish faith one does not speak or write His name unless it is in prayer.<br />18rabbit,you have a point.Many people can only see their own side of a conflict.<br />Once you are in the middle of a conflict it is usually too late to be just,survival dictates what is right.

Link

Rear Admiral

rolmops<br />I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who had the question about G-D <br />And thanks for the input about my questions on Bald Eagles. Mother in Law will see the post tomorrow. (printed the thread tonight for her) <br /><br />SoulWinner <br />
I am sick with the thought that the only reason the US is in agreement with the idea of ceeding parts of the Promised Land is due to our dependance upon oil in that region...........and the tree hugers won't even let us drill whats right under our feet!
Got good news for you. (sorta)<br />We in the US dont get very much of OUR oil from the middle east anymore! Try to find just ONE main stream news media (you pick, radio, tv, news paper) that will say that. This part I can get you the numbers on. The (Sorta Part) we do have a instrest in a stable middle east (hahaha imo) oil wise though. Many countries get almost if not 100% of their oil from there. These we call allies or at least have agreements with them.<br />This is a grey area with me. <br /><br />If President Bush gets re-elected he very well may take the gloves off with the Tree Huggers also! <br />That would be a good thing I think. But I would rather see the whole world get off the OIL KICK! <br /><br />rolmops <br />Since this is your post, and you just quoted Jon Steward and left it up for everone else to remark. What is your take on Stewards comments?<br />And why? <br /><br />
On Israel:<br />"It's not filled with your typical Jews that you know,the let-me-fill-out-your-tax-form Jews.It's more the will-you-hold-my-machine-gun-while-I-take-a-leak Jews.It's a different breed.<br />-Jon Steward
Thanks Link

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Hi Link,<br /><br />The US currently produces roughly 9 Million Barrels per day out of the 19 Million Barrels/Day it produces. The rest it imports.<br /><br />In the coming years, domestic demands are forecast to grow, quite dramatically, and production capabilities are expected to drop. The US department of energy predicts that by 2020, domestic demand will be 25 MBD and domestic production ability will only be 7 MBD.

18rabbit

Captain

Originally posted by Link:<br /> We in the US dont get very much of OUR oil from the middle east anymore! ... Many countries get almost if not 100% of their oil from there. These we call allies or at least have agreements with them. This is a grey area with me. <br />
It’s not that hard to understand. Oils have a global demand, regardless of its source, and thus a global price. Indeed, we do import a minor part of our oil from the mid-East, but since they have the glut of oil currently available, they retain tremendous influence on its price, an thus the price of all oil globally. That is our immediate interest in the mid-East oil, pricing of the oil we buy from where ever. Long term interest has to do with diminishing oil supplies, globally. Fwiw, current projections (slightly better than looking at a crystal ball) but a depletion of the world's oils sometime in your lifetime.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Hello Link<br />I think that he is replacing one stereotype with another.But I must admit that I like this one.<br />Besides,if one of my soldiers for whatever reason would have asked to hold his machinegun,I would have had him do toilet duty for the next week.Obviously Jon Steward does not have an inkling about what it means to be a soldier.

Link

Rear Admiral

Toad2001 18rabbit <br /><br />Yup and I had just heard those stats yesterday on the way home but my "1" little brain cell couldnt retain it. Nice to have it in print now<br /><br />rolmops<br />I think that he is replacing one stereotype with another.But I must admit that I like this one.<br /><br />LOL good deal.