OMC vs Sierra Regulators\rectifier

mannyq

Seaman
I ordered a replacement regulator for my 2000 J-115 (OMC part# 586075) that was cross referenced from Sierra Marine (18-5830). <br />Sierra told me that their regulator does not have the extra wire on the connector that feed one of the above mentioned devices (i would think the VRO). Although I don't have my engine manual in front of me at this moment, I do recall that one wire went to the tach and the other to the VRO pump.<br /><br />My question is does anybody know if something is not going to work properly or will the 18-5830 work fine. Thanks

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: OMC vs Sierra Regulators\rectifier

Buy from a company that installs all needed wires.

a.weeks

Cadet

i just bought on for my 88 omc sea drive two yellow one purple and the soloniod red wire from omc dealer here in panama city he said omc had found {i think he said tac } wire was shorting out the stators but gave a one year waranty and guaranteed it to work properly i will let u knoe the out come tommorrow

ReelDrag

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I ordered one for my 92 115 from CDI Electronics. Has all the stock wires for $65.

Daniel Beckman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I change mine last summer and was told that they have change the model.<br />They said that with the new model one wire would be left over from the engine (cant remember witch, will take a look later today)<br />And that was an omc brand.<br />But so far it had worked perfect.<br />92 john fststrike 175