OMC TurboJet 115 HP 1995 Inboard/Stern Drive

WayneRM

Recruit
I have purchased a 1995 Boston Whaler Rage with a OMC Turbo Jet 115 HP Inboard/Stern Drive Motor. I have no manuals for the Motor and I am having a problem getting the Motor to start. I found that the incorrect plugs were in the boat and have since changed them at least according to the spark plug manual at the store. I am looking for a manual for the motor any suggestions? Does anyone know anything about this motor besides the bad things I've heard? Any information would be helpful.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Re: OMC TurboJet 115 HP 1995 Inboard/Stern Drive

You have to find an OMC dealer (someone who is selling Johnsons and Evinrudes) that is willing to order OMC parts for you. I was able to order a factory OMC shop manual and parts list for my 88 4.3 Cobra for only about $40 or so and they are much better than aftermarket manuals. I would then see if you can find someone (marine mechanic) who is willing to work on it.

JAZZedBW

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes as a matter of fact! My dad used to have a 1996 14' Rage with a 115 OMC in her. Nice sharp looking boat, the jet really was bad though. <br /><br />Please beware when you suck up something to shut down the engine, go under and get all of it out under the grate.<br /><br /> Make sure to pump the throttle when starting it takes a little while to start. It will smoke at first. thats ok its supposed to do that. Thanks. OH, And Jb, Me and Ryan are whaler experts.<br /><br />JAZZ ;)

clanton

Rear Admiral

It should have a raw water filter/screen. It will catch the sand before it reaches the cylinder heads. Use the high price oil from OMC in the gear case, takes about 3 quarts. Learn how the alarm system works and the different signals. Try Boston Whaler for owners manual.

newsmyrnan

Recruit

I replaced the raw water strainer on the side of the engine compartment already, but is there a possibility that there is permanent damage inside the cylinders, from what the old strainer missed? and what can I do about it?!?!?!<br />-brett