OMC TURBOJET 115 FLUSHING KIT

bwrage15

Recruit
LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON FLUSHING KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR OMC TURBOJET 115. WHERE DOES IT CONNECT?<br />THANKS

krkrause

Recruit
Re: OMC TURBOJET 115 FLUSHING KIT

The flush kit is a small plastic adapter that fits on the end of a garden hose. You seperate the pump housing by releasing the levers, pull the end of the housing out which contains the prop. The flush kit pushes into the hole inside the top edge of the part of the housing. You push the housing in slightly to hold the flush adapter in place.

bwrage15

Recruit

Originally posted by KK:<br /> The flush kit is a small plastic adapter that fits on the end of a garden hose. You seperate the pump housing by releasing the levers, pull the end of the housing out which contains the prop. The flush kit pushes into the hole inside the top edge of the part of the housing. You push the housing in slightly to hold the flush adapter in place.

bwrage15

Recruit

KK - ONE FURTHER QUESTION. DO YOU START THE ENGINE WITH THE FLUSHING KIT ATTACHED AND THE HOUSING OPENED OR DO YOU JUST RUN FRESH WATER THROUGH THE SYSTEM WITH THE ENGINE STOPPED?<br /><br />THANKS

I also have a turbo-jet 115. I ran my motor a couple of times with the flushing adaptor on my engine but only for a minute or so. The rpm goes way up 2500rpm. I presume this happens because there ins no water resistance against the jet unit.

krkrause

Recruit

I purchased the boat new and the dealer suggested only running water through the engine when the engine is running. I get it set-up, get it started and then turn the water on or sometimes start the water and then quickly the engine but in any case do not let the water through the system long when not running. I shut the water off after I turn off the engine. The dealer indicated they had some problems with the high (city) water pressure pushing water into the cylinders.

Judds

Cadet

I did just that - filled the cylinders with water. What do I do now?
I pulled the spark plugs and cranked it to push out the water. Do I need to change the lower unit oil? Would that be contaminated with water?

JUDDS

JackHibbler

Recruit

If you get water in the cylinders, most likely it will be coming out of the 2 bottom cylinders (1 on each side). Don't panic, here is what you will have to do. 1st remove the muffler off the adapter. Next remove the bolts that hold the exhaust manifold onto the engine, then remove the manifold. Clean all the gaskets off CAREFULLY and replace with new gaskets. You will need a muffler to adapter gasket, an exhaust manifold gasket and the exhaust cover gasket. Here is a link

http://www.bbboat.com/pages/OemParts#/Evinrude/115TJEDB_1996/CYLINDER_&_CRANKCASE/35426/51263

You will need item number 46 and 71 from that link and then go to the muffler and adapter and get item 13 from this link

http://www.bbboat.com/pages/OemParts#/Evinrude/115TJEDB_1996/ADAPTER_&_MUFFLER/35426/51260

Your total cost will be around 30 bucks and it might be a good idea to order a spare set. These engines are only designed to handle 20PSI and when too much pressure is added it blows the exhaust manifold gasket out.

Good luck and no worries it is an easy job.. The pic shows the water ports in the middle and the exhaust ports on ether side, just look at the gasket and you will see where it is blown out

Attachments

• IMG_20120805_004254.jpg
    IMG_20120805_004254.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 1

SKEETR

Chief Petty Officer

OMG the heck with that just get the boat wet and hammer it for a while. It will be fine. No there will be no water in the gear oil.