OMC service bulletin 2276R1

rdav13

Seaman Apprentice
92 Evinrude 60hp TE60TLENE<br /><br />In searching the forums for cooling system concerns for my engine, I have found several posts stating that service bulletin # 2276R1 calls for relocating the tell-tale hose to the top of the powerhead and changing the thermostat pressure relief spring which is included in waterpump kit pn 432955.<br /><br />My local dealer has printed this bulletin this bulletin for me and it does cover relocating the tell-tale but there is no mention of waterpump kit or spring. I ask him to order pn 432955 and he says it is not a good number. Also the thermostat I purchased from him came with a diaphragm type gasket not the regular paper gasket I removed from my engine. The long spring behind my stat will not work with the new diaphragm type gasket. He is ordering the spring listed in his catalog with the thermostat he sold me. Is this the improved version in the now nonexistent water pump kit pn 432955?<br /><br />I’m replacing the powerhead due to bad scoring in the #2 cyl and want to make sure I have no cooling issues. (Which I've been told was the cause of my meltdown).<br /><br />Thanks

DHPMARINE

Captain
Re: OMC service bulletin 2276R1

432955 is a good number,it lists for $59.32<br />DHP

rdav13

Seaman Apprentice

Well I'll give my dealer another call first thing monday and try to convince him of that. The pump he wants to order for me is + or - $125.00, the $60.00 pump sounds like a bargain.

rdav13

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks, that looks exactly like what I need. I see the fitting for the relocation of the tell-tale hose, and the spring. The thermostat gasket looks like the one I removed from my engine, not like the one in the stat I bought (pn 434137). Did I get the correct thermostat?

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

Roy, Go back to the ebay listing and click on "ask seller a question". The seller is a dealer and he can obviously get Bombardier/OMC parts. He is listing the parts with free shipping so maybe he will toss the thermostat in the package and just charge for the part.

rdav13

Seaman Apprentice

I've been a pain in the a** to my local dealer (asking for service bulletins etc.)buying only a t-stat and a pulse limiter valve so far. I wolud like to buy the pump kit from him if he can come up with one. I don't mind a few duplicate parts as long as I get what I really need.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

If the powerhead has been replaced ever, you may have a different thermostat assembly than what the parts book shows. In that case, you look up a newer motor to match the parts. A "savvy" parts person or tech would know by just looking at the items.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

These service bulletins were posted here a long time ago that pertain to your motor.<br /><br />60 & 70 hp service bulletins for cooling and overheating<br /><br />SB 2221 Temp sensor new sensor pn 584166, tan/blue stripe wire.<br /><br />SB 2225 thermostat seat new seat pn 336416, may not need this in fresh water.<br /><br />SB 2271 jet and timing kits <br /><br />SB 2276R1 relocate tattle tale nipple to top of block.<br /><br />SB 2276R1 and new pressure relief springs comes in waterpump kit pn 432955.

rdav13

Seaman Apprentice

My local dealer printed all these bulletins for me, except for 2225. He couldn't find that one. My new thermostat came with a seat, hopefully the revised one.<br />My engine has the correct sensor per TSB 2221.<br />I have on order the recallibration kit in TSB 2271. So now all I should need is the correct waterpump kit with the correct t-stat spring and reroute per # 2276R1. <br /><br />As far as a "savvy" parts person, I don't think I have one of those:) He did't seem to be aware of these bulletins until I asked for them.

rdav13

Seaman Apprentice

And a thanks to you Seahorse, it was one of your previous posts where I found this information so I would know what to ask for.<br /><br />You guys are great in helping me in my endeavor to get my rig back on the water. I don't think I would have taken on this project without knowing you are "watching my back".

bubbakat

Captain

I am the one that was working on that problem seahorse laid out the bulletins for. I will go and find the right pump number for you.<br />That service pump number wasn't good so My dealer got the right one that had replaced it.<br />I can give you a link to some one that has a tech on hand and you can order your parts there if you want.<br /><br /> http://www.mar-fab.com/

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

Use only the #432955 water pump kit from an authorized dealer. Do not use an aftermarket kit, it is not the same. the impeller should have 5 blades on it, not 3 blades as some original motors came with.<br /><br />It is easy to mistake the part number as 432995, which is not a good number. 432955 is the correct number for the genuine Bombardier water pump kit.

McGR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Seahorse:<br /><br />Not to completely hijack the thread but... Just curious about the 3 blade thing. I replaced the 3 blade impeller on my 40hp a couple of years ago with a Sierra kit. As you indicated, the kit came with a 3 blade impeller. It seems to work just fine. Was there any serious problems with the 3 blade design?

clanton

Rear Admiral

If you put a 0 in front of the part number to read 0432955 the unskilled parts person probley can find it in the new price list.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

McGR<br /><br />This applies to 60 and 70 HP only. You are fine..